What did you do to your Supra today?

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Got rid of the most god-awful banshee shrill from a stone that bounced somewhere into one if the brakes. Jesus it was terrible.
I've had this happen to me twice now with the Supra. It's such a horrible sound and equally as embarrassing when it happens in public.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Got rid of the most god-awful banshee shrill from a stone that bounced somewhere into one if the brakes. Jesus it was terrible.
Iā€™ve had that happen 2-3 times so far. Itā€™s super obnoxious, Iā€™m honestly thinking about getting the Verus brake cooling kit since it replaces that wavy guard with a flat plate that hopefully wouldnā€™t have this problem.

darkknight302

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premiun
Finally after almost a week sitting at Discount tires, Fed Ex finally delivered the tire. Took them 4 days to pick up and delivery it from Chicago to Waukesha which is 1 1/2 away........ Anywho..... The pothole damaged the wheel and it's slightly bent on the inside. I'm assuming it can be fixed since it's forged and I did buy the wheel protection plan when I got the car. I'll have to call them tomorrow and also....

Discount Tire swapped out my metal valves for a rubber one, now I'm mad at them. Gonna go complain about that tomorrow too.. At least I got my car back but man missed my car for a whole week and only to find out about these 2 new problems.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I've had this happen to me twice now with the Supra. It's such a horrible sound and equally as embarrassing when it happens in public.
Yes, very embarrassing. My wife started looking around for a school bus.

Blindspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Iā€™ve had that happen 2-3 times so far. Itā€™s super obnoxious, Iā€™m honestly thinking about getting the Verus brake cooling kit since it replaces that wavy guard with a flat plate that hopefully wouldnā€™t have this problem.
It's a stone between that thin aluminum inner guard and the rotor, but all you need to do is push the guards inward by a few millimeters so there's just a touch more clearance between them and the rotors. It was happening all the time with my car - there's too much gravel on the road here - but hasn't happened once since.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
It's a stone between that thin aluminum inner guard and the rotor, but all you need to do is push the guards inward by a few millimeters so there's just a touch more clearance between them and the rotors. It was happening all the time with my car - there's too much gravel on the road here - but hasn't happened once since.
Tried that, didnā€™t help. Maybe you have smaller gravel there?

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Hopefully all my way back home Chicago peeps are parked inside right now! Good luck and be safe with the tornados and bad weather right now!
Luckily my car stays in the garage when not in use. It got pretty bad for a while, even some decent sized hail. Luckily no tornados too close to the city.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
When I put my 315s up front, I noticed they were only about 2mm from rubbing the coilovers springs. Well, ya they rub on hard corners. Fix, 3mm spacer. I think 5mm total clearance should be good now.

20220614_190355.jpg

20220614_190332.jpg

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Cool to hear this worked for you. To me it sounds like the smaller stones can no longer get stuck however now bigger stones can whereas before they were too big to even get in there. I guess itā€™s just an unfortunate part of life especially if you live in an area that believes throwing tiny marbles on the road ā€œimprovesā€ traction during the winter.

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Awesome! Would love to hear your muffler delete sometime. I have the AA catted DP as well.

Where in the DFW area are you? Are you in the DFW GroupMe?
I'm in North Arlington! I'm not part of the DFW GroupMe, but I'll join. :thumbsup:

Blackbeard

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
I haven't done a dam thing yet cause i still waiting on my awe intake and exhaust to come in lol.... and still stuck between 3 sets of wheels to choose from