What did you do to your Supra today?

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Finally got the courage to replace the front and rear badges. This bitch is a two-parter. FML.

IMG_1821 Large.jpeg
This is why i had my detailer do it lol. He does badges all the time on BMW’s and this managed to be the worst one he said

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Take your time. I dinged the PPF doing the front one. No one sees it but me. But I see it a mile away.
😪

I was gonna change mine but seeing this has strongly veered me towards changing my mind 😅😆
This is why i had my detailer do it lol. He does badges all the time on BMW’s and this managed to be the worst one he said
I got there in the end but fuck me that was not a lot of fun. WD40, dental floss, fishing wire, pry tools and prayers.. I don't think there's any visible damage which is good, although Magna Steyr seems to have left me a tiny ding down to metal behind the badge. 😤

And @Avarela99 This is likely why my detailer didn't do it. Ugh.

71129454034__8CD3DE59-D0E3-4C60-A95A-1C73D67078FE Large.jpeg

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 MKV, '21 4R TRDP, '20 JLUR, '13 LR4, '72 442
Took a 6 hour drive down to Lexington over the weekend for the Keenland Concours on Saturday and a road tour on Sunday. I have a new appreciation for the Supra. Very comfortable for the drive and cruises without effort at 90 all day. On Sunday we did a 140 mile road tour in a group with four various 911's, a Cayman GT4, new C8, Bentley GT, and a Ferrari 488. Had no problem keeping up with any of them running pretty hard. Hopped back in and drove 7 hours back through some crazy weather with no problem. It really is a fantastic all around car ...

Supra LEX.jpg

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Finally got the courage to replace the front and rear badges. This bitch is a two-parter. FML.

IMG_1821 Large.jpeg
That's only half of the badge though. Is that intended? The factory badge is two parts, the face and the backing plate, which is held in with three pins. It's easy to do that bit. It's the underside that's difficult.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Took a 6 hour drive down to Lexington over the weekend for the Keenland Concours on Saturday and a road tour on Sunday. I have a new appreciation for the Supra. Very comfortable for the drive and cruises without effort at 90 all day. On Sunday we did a 140 mile road tour in a group with four various 911's, a Cayman GT4, new C8, Bentley GT, and a Ferrari 488. Had no problem keeping up with any of them running pretty hard. Hopped back in and drove 7 hours back through some crazy weather with no problem. It really is a fantastic all around car ...

Supra LEX.jpg
Very nice, I assume you're stock?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Had to pull the Supra out of summer hibernation cause my stupid electric car decided not to charge last night. Day # 4 in a row of +105° weather and not looking like its going to get any cooler any time soon. I feel bad leaving the Supra in the sun with this kind of heat, especially with all the carbon stuff.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
I did my first ever cosmetic modification on my own (New mirror caps installation), still a little bit shook from the tension of using pry tools for the first time.

Thanks to many people on the forum sharing their advice and several youtube tutorials, it worked.

I can't wait to see them out in the sun the first time folded out.

They look amazing and match the oem black paint, installation was almost perfect except for 1 of the clips not going back all the way in on the new cap - sadly after repeated attempts, I gave up after I started to either hurt my fingers and/or risk damaging other parts for the sake of this damn clip; but 2 out of the 3 are fully in and secured, and there's no gaps nor risk of it coming off, but it does really hurt my ocd though knowing it.

20230717_201346.jpg

20230717_201343.jpg

20230717_201336.jpg

20230717_203518.jpg

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
I did my first ever cosmetic modification on my own (New mirror caps installation), still a little bit shook from the tension of using pry tools for the first time.

Thanks to many people on the forum sharing their advice and several youtube tutorials, it worked.

I can't wait to see them out in the sun the first time folded out.

They look amazing and match the oem black paint, installation was almost perfect except for 1 of the clips not going back all the way in on the new cap - sadly after repeated attempts, I gave up after I started to either hurt my fingers and/or risk damaging other parts for the sake of this damn clip; but 2 out of the 3 are fully in and secured, and there's no gaps nor risk of it coming off, but it does really hurt my ocd though knowing it.

20230717_201346.jpg

20230717_201343.jpg

20230717_201336.jpg

20230717_203518.jpg
Glad it worked and looks super clean.

One thing I've learned was never be ocd on cars. It never ends well and or it'll end up making it worse. Especially on a expensive car.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
That's only half of the badge though. Is that intended? The factory badge is two parts, the face and the backing plate, which is held in with three pins. It's easy to do that bit. It's the underside that's difficult.
Yeah. That's what I meant. That bottom bit was a real bitch. Also, I should probably say thanks as I used your WD40 suggestion from another thread to help it along.. but it was still a pain in the ass.