What did you do to your Supra today?

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Help me understand why people do Autocross. Is it because there is no local race track?

Phil
Very different skill sets. Read the course, execute, and refine it to get the best "lap time" within limited runs on a configuration you've never run before. Much tighter car control and you can't recover from a mistake in the same way since elements are back to back where as road courses you have plenty of time to reposition the car back for each next turn. Much more beginner friendly and can be used as a stepping stone into more. As mirrored above, costs me $50 for a day at AutoX, 1 lunch, and maybe half a tank of gas. Track is $500-550 for weekend, $200-300 for 2 nights at a hotel, 4 meals eating out, 5-6 tanks of gas, $3-400 for track day insurance. There are a ton of people who stretch themselves too far for this car, and they definitely can't afford to track it. Autocross is a great place for them to do something.

thehouseplant

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 6MT, 2023 BMW 330i
Technically yesterday, but was too busy enjoying the new sounds to take much time to talk about it. I spent some time with a couple of buddies and we installed an AA downpipe and AWE Touring Resonated exhaust. I think it turned out great, and I think the consensus was mutual. A month or so back we did an FTP Charge Pipe and MST V2 Intake, so I think we're good with bolt-ons for a minute.

On the bright side... the exhaust and downpipe fit without too many issues. Note: I padded everything with some towels before actually driving it.

PXL_20240310_022240546.jpg

SikkuSamra

First Name
Sarprit
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0
Been dreaming of these wheels lately in a color like this. Where’d you pick em up? Looks absolutely killer 😍

Dan

Thank you! A really nice guy was selling them locally and I jumped on them. Pictures don't do these wheels justice. The concavity is insane and there are gold flakes in the black titanium paint!

sabrownfl

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
for me, autox is $110, track day is $930 (event + track insurance)

both reward legal seat time

obviously tires and pads take more of a beating at the track

the atmosphere is different. out of driving, there's more socializing at an autox event. at the tracks, people are just winding down in between sessions. so less fatigue i guess?

my local autox is different from everyone else's though.. it's a large go kart track with cones being used to manipulate the configuration. i'm not sure how that experience compares to others'
I'm part of a small, local autocross club. We have a "home site" here in Central Florida, but we pay for use of the site, and we're at the whim of the property owners who could shut us out at any point. We've struggled with insurance too... the Florida insurance market it tough. Costs are high, and finding an underwriter is challenging, because most don't want to cover "motorsports" so it takes a lot of communication, education and coordination.

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
Ran a G82 M4 for fun. That S58 top end was something else. (I’m still stock). Sounded like the G82 was possibly catless.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
As BimmerCode finally decided to support my new instrument cluster, I did some coding.

I coded out the annoying AF auto-off off symbol (my car is already coded to never turn itself off no matter what mode it is in) and also worked out how to remove the ugly ass green cruise control display from my HUD.

Neatness counts!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I'm part of a small, local autocross club. We have a "home site" here in Central Florida, but we pay for use of the site, and we're at the whim of the property owners who could shut us out at any point. We've struggled with insurance too... the Florida insurance market it tough. Costs are high, and finding an underwriter is challenging, because most don't want to cover "motorsports" so it takes a lot of communication, education and coordination.
You’re close enough to Sebring. Definitely give it a try. If you run with a novice group in say NASA, I couldn’t imagine you needing to buy insurance. That’ll save you a ton $$$. However, if you (anyone) feels the need to push it to absolute limit in a blind corner (near a wall) before gaining the experience needed to do so, then buy track insurance.

Last edited:

DC5UPRA

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR Supra MT, 05 Acura RSX Type-S
As BimmerCode finally decided to support my new instrument cluster, I did some coding.

I coded out the annoying AF auto-off off symbol (my car is already coded to never turn itself off no matter what mode it is in) and also worked out how to remove the ugly ass green cruise control display from my HUD.

Neatness counts!
Where is the auto-off off symbol located?

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
In bimmercode, to code it out. Sorry for confusion.
LOL. All good. Take a look at this sheet and if you have anything good to add (codes you have confirmed as working), please feel free to add them.

Last edited: