IMG_6883.jpeg

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 nitro yellow supra 3.0 premium
Yeah nice story, still wouldn’t trust any Toyota dealership to work on this car tho
i feel bad for the guys that have had rough experience i'm grateful my local dealer has been nothing but great to work. always have parts, and their resident "supra tech" is a great guy and always gets my car right i would trust almost any job in his hands. (it helps the dealer is part of massive auto group and bmw is next door with the same ownership)

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
track vs autocross, in terms of fun per dollar, is way different in my mind.

autocross is significantly cheaper, but most of your day is spent standing around and watching other people drive and moving cones back. you get 3-6 runs, just under a minute apiece. if you're lucky, the course will let you go WOT 3 times per run.

trackday, you get roughly an hour of going WOT to hard on the brakes and back again.

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
track vs autocross, in terms of fun per dollar, is way different in my mind.

autocross is significantly cheaper, but most of your day is spent standing around and watching other people drive and moving cones back. you get 3-6 runs, just under a minute apiece. if you're lucky, the course will let you go WOT 3 times per run.

trackday, you get roughly an hour of going WOT to hard on the brakes and back again.
A lot of the autocross courses can vary in length/distance from start to finish depending on the size of the area that you have to work with. I won't ever argue that you'll really come close to what you'd get to experience on a track however.

I've done 1 autocross session on what I would consider a mild length/distance. I plan to go to the autobahn country club in Chicago with my buddy this September and that will be my first actual track experience which I'm greatly looking forward to. Then I'll be able to have a good apples to apples comparison first hand.

I can't say anything bad about the autocross weekend I had though. It was an absolute blast. One plus IMO was the first day was perfect weather and nice and dry. Second day had some rain so it was a real eye opener as to what a vehicle is still capable of in a little bit of rain as long as you aren't hitting big puddles or anything anyway. I do know the track day is going to be much more expensive than any autocross weekend though which is a huge factor for a lot of people.

NINaudio

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
A lot of the autocross courses can vary in length/distance from start to finish depending on the size of the area that you have to work with. I won't ever argue that you'll really come close to what you'd get to experience on a track however.

I've done 1 autocross session on what I would consider a mild length/distance. I plan to go to the autobahn country club in Chicago with my buddy this September and that will be my first actual track experience which I'm greatly looking forward to. Then I'll be able to have a good apples to apples comparison first hand.

I can't say anything bad about the autocross weekend I had though. It was an absolute blast. One plus IMO was the first day was perfect weather and nice and dry. Second day had some rain so it was a real eye opener as to what a vehicle is still capable of in a little bit of rain as long as you aren't hitting big puddles or anything anyway. I do know the track day is going to be much more expensive than any autocross weekend though which is a huge factor for a lot of people.
Let me know when you're going to Autobahn, that's my "home" track. If work permits I'll join you all.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
i had about 5 autocross days under my belt before my first trackday. that first session i had a stupid grin on my face the entire time. going to an autox again felt like a step back.

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Let me know when you're going to Autobahn, that's my "home" track. If work permits I'll join you all.
We plan on going the very end of September I believe. I will make a note to keep you posted once we both know for sure though. Would be great to meet fellow forum members.

My aunt and uncle actually live less than 10 miles from the track so that's where we will be crashing since we're coming from so far away. The dates were also supposed to fall on a weekend as well.

Last edited:

NINaudio

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
We plan on going the very end of September I believe. I will make a note to keep you posted once we both know for sure though. Would be great to meet fellow forum members.

My aunt and uncle actually live less than 10 miles from the track so that's where we will be crashing since we're coming from so far away. The dates were also supposed to fall on a weekend as well.
Is it the NASA event that they're having there or are you going through someone else?

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
Finally getting to upgrading the horrible stock installation of the Subwoofers.
Lots of dampening materials added so far and currently waiting on my 2" port tubes to arrive to allow these woofers to "breathe".

20240313_162009.jpg

20240312_130025.jpg

20240312_113115.jpg

20240312_113052.jpg

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
Finally getting to upgrading the horrible stock installation of the Subwoofers.
Lots of dampening materials added so far and currently waiting on my 2" port tubes to arrive to allow these woofers to "breathe".

20240313_162009.jpg

20240312_130025.jpg

20240312_113115.jpg

20240312_113052.jpg
Does anyone know what this box is between the woofers? It has batteries in it. ??????

20240312_131237.jpg