What do you do for a living?

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
for cripes sake i work at Taco Bell... School wasn't my thing. Fingers crossed a race team calls me! But, probably just to make their sandwiches....
😂😂😂
Also: Gee, thanks. Now I want Taco Bell. I almost got a job there, once, just so I could eat more. I'd probably be dead right now.
Sponsored

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Ok fine, since you guys are always pushing to know what we all do. I was embarrassed to say to begin with but I now embrace my life choices. I work at the rest stops along I-5, just slide your foot into my stall and you won't regret it!

BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
Guess it’s my turn now :)

I’m working in the quality assurance of a big German manufacturer of road building machines.
I’m inspecting, testing and repairing them if needed.

I got 20+ years of experience and I do a lot of overtime. Paid, thankfully :)

The Supra startet as a fun car to use it on weekends or holidays.
I had a nice VW Passat B8 at first but after a few months I didn’t want to take care of 2 cars as I keep them clean, serviced and generally in an excellent condition.
It was just too time consuming so I sold the VW which left me a bit heartbroken.
It was an awesome car, fun to drive, cheap to maintain, nice modern interior and without any problem at all till 70k miles as I sold it.
I changed the front tires once at 40k miles and did 2 inspections, which cost me around 900$ in total. Even the brake pads and the back tires had 10k miles life left xD
Not bad for an 40k car

Yes I’m a little VW fan :)
If they had a car with more whp I would probably have bought that instead of the Supra.
I know they have some “R” Models but they are around 300hp which is good but just too low. They also have the Touareg “R” with 450 hp but that thing is just too big and heavy. And eats fuel.
And tuning the “R” models like the Golf is not recommended. I’ve seen dead engines which were running at 350hp after 2k miles.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
I'm a forecast analyst and resource planner - I manage headcount allocation for a call centre and forecast how many phone calls each language line will get, from yearly level down to 15 minute granularity (exciting, I know, guess who's the most popular one at the Christmas party).

Very interesting thread reading about all the amazing jobs some people have (not me) - not what I planned to be, but we should all be very grateful that we are blessed to have enough money and privilege to buy such a nice car.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I'm a forecast analyst and resource planner - I manage headcount allocation for an inbound customer support call centre and forecast how many phone calls each language line will get, from yearly level down to 15 minute granularity (exciting, I know, guess who's the most popular one at the Christmas party).

Very interesting thread reading about all the amazing jobs some people have (not me) - not what I planned to be, but we should all be very grateful that we are blessed to have enough money and privilege to buy such a nice car.
The grass is always greener on the other side. Your job sounds really cool! Are you required to speak different languages?

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
The grass is always greener on the other side. Your job sounds really cool! Are you required to speak different languages?
Thanks - No not for this job, although I did start within the firm as a bilingual speaker and worked my way into planning 👍 to be honest I really like it, I spend the day working remotely with music on, mainly looking at charts and spreadsheets and making educated guesswork sound as sophisticated as possible in a nutshell 😅

Last edited:

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Thanks - No not for this job, although I did start within the firm as a bilingual speaker (Italian/English) and worked my way out of customer service into resource planning 👍 to be honest I really like it, I spend the day working remotely with music on, mainly looking at charts and spreadsheets and making educated guesswork sound as sophisticated as possible in a nutshell 😅
I hate to say this, but your post totally reminds me of it...

Are you a fan of The IT Crowd? Do you remember the episode where Jen pretended to speak Italian? 🤣🤣

Not at all suggesting that you don't speak Italian or anything lol.
Sponsored