What Don't You Like About Your New Supra?

Aryanenzo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
- Rattles, rattles, rattles
- Steering wheel design and feel
- Steering feels...weird in everyday driving, on center feels really numb.
- For some reason I'm not sure if my steering wheel is centered. Sometimes its off to one side to go straight, sometimes not. I took it for an alignment at Toyota and they spent hours aligning the car and its on POINT. Do wider tires make the car follow the contour of the road more? My BRZ did not have this problem
- The seats are kinda hard, and I feel like I'm sitting on top of them not in them.
- Major problems with burning oil.

Overall this car is a performance bargain, but there are some things that are sacrificed to make the car at the price point that it is.
Sponsored

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Rattles! The car is riddled with squeaks, and groans. It sounds like a 20 year old KIA.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
- For some reason I'm not sure if my steering wheel is centered. Sometimes its off to one side to go straight, sometimes not. I took it for an alignment at Toyota and they spent hours aligning the car and its on POINT. Do wider tires make the car follow the contour of the road more? My BRZ did not have this problem
- The seats are kinda hard, and I feel like I'm sitting on top of them not in them.

Overall this car is a performance bargain, but there are some things that are sacrificed to make the car at the price point that it is.
Does your headliner squeak? Mine is terrible. I have the door pin rattle plus in the seatbelt area as well. Clunks coming from the rear hatch as well.

Aryanenzo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
How many miles in did you guys start hearing rattles?
Day 1. More rattles than my 4 year old BRZ. More rattles than my 1991 Mitsubishi GTO. I think one major source of rattles for me, is the rear decklid, where the 3rd brake light is. There is a really cheap cover that comes off easily. For sure its rattling. When I touch it rattles. Another source is the entire center console which I will be taking apart. The doors sometimes rattles too.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
All you guys complain about rattles. LMAO! ? yall have never driven a GSC S3 Evo 8/9 with Torque Solution Solid Mounts and an exedy twin disc. ?
F06D5616-4CDE-4E3E-8C78-FCD5B487F9A6.jpeg

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

I do not hear any rattles in my car. Where do you hear the rattles? Have you tried removing all your stuff in the car?

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
-No damn CD player

-No external hatch button

-No way that I have found to have Comfort suspension with Sport exhaust

-Stereo stays on for awhile after shutting off the car (but is off by the next day at least) :rolleyes:

-Very minor complaint but the cruise control should be enabled until you shut it off (ready to go every time you start the car)

-Would like a little more space to recline but hey that's the size of the car

-Would like to be able to grip the steering wheel at the center bottom

-Needs A/C seats

-I mentioned the glaring lack of a CD player already, right?

...........but all that is not to say I don't love the car - I do! :cool:

Aryanenzo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
-No damn CD player

-No external hatch button

-No way that I have found to have Comfort suspension with Sport exhaust

-Stereo stays on for awhile after shutting off the car (but is off by the next day at least) :rolleyes:

-Very minor complaint but the cruise control should be enabled until you shut it off (ready to go every time you start the car)

-Would like a little more space to recline but hey that's the size of the car

-Would like to be able to grip the steering wheel at the center bottom

-Needs A/C seats

-I mentioned the glaring lack of a CD player already, right?

...........but all that is not to say I don't love the car - I do! :cool:
Wait what do you mean? Can't you put the car into normal for suspension and engine to sport to get both comfort suspension and sport exhaust?

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Brake dust is easily my biggest complaint.

The wind buffeting is my second, but easily remedied for $9 on Amazon.

No ventilated seats at this price point is mind boggling.

The sounds ā€œqualityā€ of the JBL system is garbage, especially when the ADS is enabled. The distortion and vibration from the rear area is intolerable.

Most everything else that annoys me can either be turned off in the menu or fixed with BimmerCode.

I donā€™t see any of those as deal breakers as this is the most fun car Iā€™ve ever owned.
Do the TADA mod on the sound system. Worth it. I love the Bimmer customization.

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
I will chime in....
1. No trunk button
2. ZERO storage space
3. THE HORN, seriously, THE HORN and the only option I see out there is expensive. Also, have you seen the ordeal to change it.

The rest is fixable or modifiable.

Reactions: SVR