What Don't You Like About Your New Supra?

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Honestly man,

I used to have to hold the aux cable a certain way in the car with my friends to listen to music a few years back. I’m good with whatever sound system now, the difference is remarkable. And I have the 10-speaker system, lol.
It was all uphill from this picture. You merely adopted crappy car audio. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see an aux cable until I was a man.
Sponsored

Attachments

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nope. I had to keep turning the volume up and down. I replaced the stock speakers in my 2001 MR2 and my current 2013 Prius with speakers by Hertz. They are fantastic. Enough bass so that I didn’t need a sub in the Prius. Also Damplifier sound deadening material to all 4 doors.Makes a big difference. Less expensive than Dynamat. You can buy it on Amazon.( You did say any car.) I also added an after market amp to the Prius. I listen to mostly dance,EDM, and 80s music. Lots of posts online by owners of different Toyota vehicles who are unhappy with the stock stereos in their cars/trucks.
Are you in NJ? Are you that guy I see in traffic blasting Maria by TKA in his Prius?

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
my 2021 2.0 hit 1500 miles and oil light came on

I wish the navigation/infotaiment screen was in the center of the dash not on the top

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
HUD. That’s one thing that bothers me. Wow: what a missed opportunity.
I second this big time. I would've loved to see things like rpm and so forth in the HUD (especially in sport mode) and we all know it could've done that. Just a ton of unused real estate imo.

On a separate note and this is just a minor nitpick, but it would've been real nice to see a 360 camera setup. Would make tight parking maneuvers a little easier.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
HUD. That’s one thing that bothers me. Wow: what a missed opportunity.
Why both the HUD and the dash displays aren't user configurable is stupefying. In the times before LCD displays were integrated into everything from fast food menus to washing machine controls that is fine... but the dash and HUD should have at least as much configuration as the nav console... and that's crap in comparison to the cheapest tablet/phone.

Nice that Nissan is providing that in the new Z. Too bad the rest of the interior (esp. seats) looks like the standard Walmart Nissan fare.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Honest question for the people who don't like the stock JBL audio system. Has any stock system in any car ever lived up to your standards? I've owned a bunch of cars and have been on plenty of online forums. I don't think I've ever seen one car where everyone liked the stock system.

Most of the music I've always listened to sounds like it was recorded in a one car garage so I don't have high expectations for sound.
Yup, as I said. I enjoy the stock Alpine in my jeep.

One thing I really hate about the Supra sound system is the volume knob. Why must I twist it like 10 full turns to get it to go up like only 10 db??!! Annoying as all get out.

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yup, as I said. I enjoy the stock Alpine in my jeep.

One thing I really hate about the Supra sound system is the volume knob. Why must I twist it like 10 full turns to get it to go up like only 10 db??!! Annoying as all get out.
I agree. Plus the size and location of the volume knob annoys me. I have big hands so it looks like I'm reaching for a tiny tea cup every time I adjust the volume. The steering wheel volume controls take even more time plus the the separate buttons just do not feel right to me. I just want a damn scroll wheel for volume. Is that so hard to ask?

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I may be in the minority, but seat comfort. The seats do a great job of holding you in place, and the adjustable side bolsters are cool, but man, they kill my lower back (caveat: I have a bad back). I am in agony after about 10mins unless I use one of those lumbar support back pillows. Easily resolvable, though. That and no Android auto, which my truck that has it ('21 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road) has spoiled me on.

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I may be in the minority, but seat comfort. The seats do a great job of holding you in place, and the adjustable side bolsters are cool, but man, they kill my lower back (caveat: I have a bad back). I am in agony after about 10mins unless I use one of those lumbar support back pillows. Easily resolvable, though. That and no Android auto, which my truck that has it ('21 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road) has spoiled me on.
Bad back checking in. I got a lumbar pillow. Also thought about a beaded seat to annoy people. The stock lumbar support is really minimal. I keep checking the button while driving thinking someone adjusted my settings.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I've tracked mine, so I would've liked a lap timer or some more useful gauges. Not R35 levels of graphs on graphs, but just a few more things to monitor.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Bad back checking in. I got a lumbar pillow. Also thought about a beaded seat to annoy people. The stock lumbar support is really minimal. I keep checking the button while driving thinking someone adjusted my settings.
I do the same thing! Like, surely this isn't the setting I left it on...

GR Supra Benjamin

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I am curious to see what other peoples gripes are with the car. Here's my current list:

1) Wind Buffeting with the windows down above 50mph.

2) Unused space on the gauge cluster! This is a performance car, and had so much track publicity, but I can't see anything other than fuel/coolant temp (non-numerical) on the dash! Why is there so much display real estate unused unless you have navigation on?! Why are simple things like BOOST, OIL TEMP, TIRE PRESS, TIRE TEMP not able to be toggled on the cluster?

3) Having to power down the radio after the ignition.* (My dealer told me this is the proper method, I haven't tried just leaving it on overnight to see what happens) It shuts off on it's own. All you are doing is muting it. No actual power off. It's a BMW thing.

4) Infotainment navigation is not intuitive, for me personally.

5) The cigarette outlet is right in front of the wireless charger, so don't plug anything in there like a radar detector if you want to get your phone out of the wireless charger!

6) Buzz in the dash at 3500rpms. Accel/Decel, any gear, as soon as I hit 3500rpms I get a buzzing sound and of course its from inside the dead center of the dash.

7) No trunk release mechanism on the outside of the car. Must use key fob or switch on door.
Sponsored