Not open for further replies.

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
As a former 911 owner and forum contributor, it never ceases to amaze me how wide the differences are between the 2 foras.

This place seems to-place a premium on tuning first and foremost, above all else. The owners here don't seem to care about the Supra's handling where it appears that the car as it comes from the factory is set up more as a drifter than as a handler.

As a background for my "daring" to voice an opinion on an open forum and kind of establish some kind of "value" o my opinion, here is an evolutionary trip tp my car ownership:

1963 Thunderbird
1965 Thunderbird
1070 Renault10
1970 something Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1970 something Mustang II manual
1976 BMW 2002 manual
1982 Alfa Romeo GTV6+ manual
1984 Saab 900 turbo manual
1987 BMW E32 auto
1992 BMW E34 525 manual
1998 BMW 528i manual
2001 BMW 53oi manual
2006 Peugeot 508 SW manual ( in Brazil)
2007 BMW 335i one of the worst BMW,s ever IMO
2005 Porsche C4S, my introduction to real car driving
2009 Porsche C2S, kept 8 years and traded for the Supra.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
so, my issue is that it seems that this effing forum sucks big time and the majority of the posters are stupid post-teens and/or rather mind compromised mid twenties-thirties digital minded morons with loads of financial resources but little sense of how to use it.
dg thousands on mods
Just check: most balk at paying anything over or near MSRP but think nothing of spending thousands on mods that are "iffy" at best and seem to always compromise the normal functions of the car.

No matter how I try, and believe me , I do, in everyday driving, there are very few, if any opportunities to really let a car show us what it's all about, let alone, a car like the new Supra.

The Supra is my DD

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Sorry but, who hurt you?
What people do with their belongings and how they choose to spend their money is nobody else's business....
Don't like it, don't visit the forum.

OP
OP

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have this thing about a car fulfilling all needs. One should only need one car unless one live in God forsaken places. So, for me, a car has to function well all year around with merely tire changes.

this freakin' Supra never ceases to amaze me: the more I drive it, the more I feel it, the more I understand it...n I now know that it does not like sudden inputs, rather prefers measured actions, well predetermined.

I can't seem to stop continuing to compare it against my previous 996 C4s and 997 C2S PDK.

As much iconoclastic as this is going to sound, all things being equal,
The 2021bSupra is a better car that the Porsche 997 C2S.

There, I've said it and stand ready to defend my conclusion logically, no passion.

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
the majority of the posters are stupid post-teens and/or rather mind compromised mid twenties-thirties digital minded morons with loads of financial resources but little sense of how to use it.
dg thousands on mods
Just check: most balk at paying anything over or near MSRP but think nothing of spending thousands on mods that are "iffy" at best and seem to always compromise the normal functions of the car.
?? you've nailed me to a T.

- Stupid ✅
- 30's ✅
- More money than brains ✅
- Spent thousands on my car ✅
- (edit, missed this one) Moron ✅
- Paid MSRP ✅
- Compromised the normal functions of the car so I can pwn n00bs at the dragway ✅

Good thing it's my car and not yours, or we'd have some sort of issue we'd have to sort out at the flag pole after recess.

OP
OP

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sorry but, who hurt you?
What people do with their belongings and how they choose to spend their money is nobody else's business....
Don't like it, don't visit the forum.

Like you, I own the car. So I'm entitled as much as you do! Plus I'm a member so i can post my opinion. So, screw you if you don't like it! Nothing personal, though!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Like you, I own the car. So I'm entitled as much as you do! Plus I'm a member so i can post my opinion. So, screw you if you don't like it! Nothing personal, though!
I think I like you.

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
I have this thing about a car fulfilling all needs. One should only need one car unless one live in God forsaken places. So, for me, a car has to function well all year around with merely tire changes.

this freakin' Supra never ceases to amaze me: the more I drive it, the more I feel it, the more I understand it...n I now know that it does not like sudden inputs, rather prefers measured actions, well predetermined.

I can't seem to stop continuing to compare it against my previous 996 C4s and 997 C2S PDK.

As much iconoclastic as this is going to sound, all things being equal,
The 2021bSupra is a better car that the Porsche 997 C2S.

There, I've said it and stand ready to defend my conclusion logically, no passion.
I'm curious, what exactly are you trying to achieve by this?
Do you really think that posting this and calling most of us idiots will change the way we spend our money and what we do with our cars?
Ps, i had several porches as well in the past and I was on the board of the Porche club Norway for a few years.. and i can tell you that comments like this on that forum would get your ass kicked out..

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Your forum and member flaming posts and your membership could be shortlived...
Perhaps it's best to express your frustrations to your psychiatrist. Doesn't sound healthy.. Nothing personal.

To get back on "topic" what would you like people to do. People who DD don't need to understand and replace every component, but they personalize it. Those who frequently track already make necessary adjustments to the car. Car already comes equipped with enough punch as you know.

Are you complaining that vehicle is already good and "morons" are ruining it? We're dying to understand you...

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Tbf, Porsche owners are typically older and more track/handling focused. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the MKV is an entry level sports car so it will attract more of a younger crowd with vastly differing views.

As a New Yorker, I love me some bluntness, but people will do whatever they want to their toys.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.