2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
?? you've nailed me to a T.

- Stupid ✅
- 30's ✅
- More money than brains ✅
- Spent thousands on my car ✅
- (edit, missed this one) Moron ✅
- Paid MSRP ✅
- Compromised the normal functions of the car so I can pwn n00bs at the dragway ✅

Good thing it's my car and not yours, or we'd have some sort of issue we'd have to sort out at the flag pole after recess.

See, this is what i'm talking about. This guy is real. I can and do understand and indeed sometime envy the single mindedness of a tuner and his goals.

What I have an issue with is the all or nothing mindset on this freakin' forum: either you tune or you're a nothin' mindset.

I bet any of you tuners I keep my Supra longer and in better shape than any of you. Plus when comes time to sell it, i'll make out better. And in the meantime, I will live in a real world where chances to reach speeds over 100 mph are very very few and far between and chances to exercise your "million horsepower" piece of crap are nowhere to be found exept the drag strip where you'll probably fry the thing anyway;.

You'll should try some DDE or AutoX to learn how to really drive this car!
I don’t know what’s going on but I’m amused all the same.

74CD7102-637E-4A90-AEDE-26E39475CCB1.jpeg
Finally, this Effing forum has something "worthwhile" to discuss beside downpipes, Ethanol whatever, 91 or 93 fuel grade. How exiting!

OP
OP

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
More excitement: " I beat car XXX on XXX freeway on on onramp".

Geez, people, car driving is a lot more than 0-60, 1/4 mile and freeway onramp races. Go drive a Miata, a manual old P-car, A2001 530i manual, a Porsche 2011 PDK, an old BMW 320i.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm curious, what exactly are you trying to achieve by this?
Do you really think that posting this and calling most of us idiots will change the way we spend our money and what we do with our cars?
Ps, i had several porches as well in the past and I was on the board of the Porche club Norway for a few years.. and i can tell you that comments like this on that forum would get your ass kicked out..

If I'm gonna get kicked out over this, then I don't want to be a member of a group that does not accept non pc opinions. So, screw you if you want to kick me out. It only shows how narrow minded you are!

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
That’s gonna be some bitter wine with all those sour grapes you’re throwing around.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Y’all are nuts.

OP is right, might come off as bonkers, but barely any of us (there’s a few exceptions of course) really know to drive. I definitely don’t.

And we really could use more talk about twisty racing vs straight line power. Twisty racing is hard, that’s why I don’t do it.

OP
OP

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That’s gonna be some bitter wine with all those sour grapes you’re throwing around.
I don't think these are "sour grapes", just a dose of reality.

I went for a drive today on 280 West in NJ at abt 1:30 p.m, outside of the Mom's pickup time and b4 rush hour.

I have 2 tell u that I had a hard time staying at a steady 75mph. US roads are so clogged nowadays that it is nary impossible to really drive a car in every day situations. Traffic is just too dense and the drivers skills are less and less sharp, partly because of all those driver's aids that enable us to multitask while we drive.

I literally have to go well out of my way to try and enjoy a decent drive in my Supra. Given all these real world constraints, like them or not, they are real, how can one justify spending loads on something one can only rarely if ever use unless you are a track addict?

This is not anything more than a dose of "wakeup" reality...

I had a 911 for 8 years and loved every single one, every single day. It was always stock because I believed the manufacturer when I bought it.

I'm trying to believe Toyota!

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
301A0247.jpg

Many of us do take our cars to the track. Ironically, that GT4 in front of me and the Aston Martin was holding us up and refused to give point-bys until he was black flagged.
Had a stock BRZ refuse to give a point-by, and that situation was when I realized how important it was to disable the active safety features such as crash avoidance...

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You know there are ton of ways to skin a cat, right, as in expressing yourself and your frustrations politely... Your ongoing similar toned responses are also suggestive of the very same "moron" people mind you're accusing. No one is saying don't express your opinions. Just be a little nice about it. You do know the owners age thread, certainly not everyone's a racecar driver... Not everyone's buying the cars to drive it like they stole it...

You're making a lot of assumptions about thousands who have the car in your bubble....
Also, there are millions of sports car owners from various brands that have 0 clue how to properly handle their car, nothing specific to Supra. Your buddies at 911 forums, they're all expert drivers? So much misconceptions to unpack.

We were just at a company go-cart outing and there were newbies that turned out to have natural neck for it. We went over the layout and discussed the best racing line, where to brake, etc. Went out, improved our times, blamed slow laps on the carts. It was so fun to connect on this with the colleagues.
A lot of people wish to be better drivers and better connect with their car. Some couldn't care less. I for example don't like drag racing but I'm not calling people mindless rubber destroying idiots. I get the appeal, everyone has different hobbies and taste...

Just remember that this forum has many non-member and member visitors that don't post. You see many IG and FB posts from people who are actively tracking, sharing track times, etc..

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
how can one justify spending loads on something one can only rarely if ever use unless you are a track addict?
Yep, that's the bubble. You're putting everyone in the same boat. Not everyone lives in NJ, not everyone daily drives it. For some it's their 5th car, weekend getaway. Not everyone has same budget. Many already put it in winter storage.
It's getting more difficult to get your point, but it's more fun than the tv show I'm watching.

I agree with the driver assessment. So many idiots on roads who shouldn't be allowed to drive. Missing side mirrors, dangling exhausts, constant zigzags, but that's reality and it joys me to know I'm attentive on the roads and so far avoided many, but I fear for less attentive drivers. One second of your kid yelling in the car can get you in a crash pile... Scary, but non Supra specific....

During lockdowns it was great to drive on empty roads... You perhaps need to find some nice twisty roads near NJ and go have fun.

OP
OP

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Xtreme, I get you. I am not a natural and I hate to admit it. It has taken me literally years of training and talking to experienced people to even begin to understand what REAL car driving is about.

My story is a bit convoluted as I first really learned about car handling on a business trip to Spain where they had no automatic to be rented at the airport and so ended up with a 1975 Mini manual.

I was bitten!

I asked at car meets, went to car shows, belonged to car clubs, took DDE's, learned "Heel N" Toe" (that was hard) , learned to take lines and the rest of it. It was hard, still is.

Now, when I read of these owners with machines that they can barely control and judging from what I see on this very forum of the number of wrecked Supras, I have to put into question the validity of some of those "mods" that I see being crowed about here.

For what? For how long?

This is the era of electric cars. Freaking TESLAS sell more than Supras. Wake the fck up!

Cars like the Supra are doomed. In the next 10 or 20 years we will all be driving friggin' refrigerators, for crying out loud!

So, fkg up a great car is ok ?

Status
Not open for further replies.