What other vehicle were you thinking of buying, if you did not buy the Supra?

MYNEWFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Supra Premium
I will go first.

My eyes or maybe heart, I thought, was set on a CPO Porsche Cayenne GTS, or S model.
And I was quite fond of the New X3M or X3 M40i.

I wanted something fast and fun, but was looking for the best deal I could find. I had for some reason or other, completely forgot about the Supra.

Until one day I saw the re-run of Jay Leno's garage. I then started to think to myself that maybe I should inquire about one of these, ( the Supra)to see if I liked it.
And the rest,, is history.
I'm glad I bought my Supra.
It's fast, and fun, and as my neighbor says,, "It's the sexiest thing on the Block."

Mods can you place this post in the General section.
Sponsored

Last edited:

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
I was also looking into a second-hand Nissan GT-R.
Price-wise they compare, the GT-R still being a little bit more expensive on second-hand market compared to the price of the new Supra.

But yearly taxes etcetera pushed me towards the Supra.
And also the iDrive system is way better.

On the other side... would have loved owning the GT-R.
But its purpose is a daily driveable car, so had to agree with the logic of the mind and not follow the heart :)

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
I was seriously considering a C8 but the Dealership couldn't give me a sensible/realistic price or likely delivery date for a RH drive one

IIRC I was told July this year & around 30% more than the Supra, I really didn't believe either.

So glad I got the Supra, hard to believe I've nearly had it 6 months :cool:

Imagine sitting around waiting for something with no really definitive indication of when it will show up & how much it is going to cost after putting a deposit down :(

OP
OP
MYNEWFAST

MYNEWFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was seriously considering a C8 but the Dealership couldn't give me a sensible/realistic price or likely delivery date for a RH drive one

IIRC I was told July this year & around 30% more than the Supra, I really didn't believe either.

So glad I got the Supra, hard to believe I've nearly had it 6 months :cool:

Imagine sitting around waiting for something with no really definitive indication of when it will show up & how much it is going to cost after putting a deposit down :(
Yes, The Games that Dealers play so that they extract or attempt to extract every ounce of money from the consumer that they can. Why does there have to be so much drama in buying a car lately.

OP
OP
MYNEWFAST

MYNEWFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was also looking into a second-hand Nissan GT-R.
Price-wise they compare, the GT-R still being a little bit more expensive on second-hand market compared to the price of the new Supra.

But yearly taxes etcetera pushed me towards the Supra.
And also the iDrive system is way better.

On the other side... would have loved owning the GT-R.
But its purpose is a daily driveable car, so had to agree with the logic of the mind and not follow the heart :)
LOVE the GT~R,, But I Love the Style and Feel I get when driving the Supra.

Plus the Gas mileage is Good.
If I could only Keep it out of boost and in 8th gear More...

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
Was seriously looking at a new Cayman S. I had an 07 that I really enjoyed. When the rumors of the Supra came true, I changed my mind instantly. I was an owner of a 3rd Gen Supra (gave it to my son-in-law) and always loved the Supra. While I liked my 07 Cayman S, I'm enjoying my new Supra. No regrets.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I was looking at a Cayman S as well, but as a daily driver I also wanted what amounted to nearly $30K in options (or $10K in options on a GTS) just to essentially match what the Supra came with stock (well Premium with the DA package). Also considered the C8 originally, but didn't feel like waiting close to a year just to worry about GM "quality" - and my spec'd C8 was going to be nearly $75K as well.

In the end, the value proposition was just too good to pass up. Even with the MY21 depreciation... I don't feel hesitant to put 1200 miles a month on the Supra. I'll be surprised if I don't have to have major work done on it in 50K miles or so - but that will be an excuse to build it fully. :yes:

bryanole27

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Honestly, I was looking and looking and nothing really grabbed me. I was looking for a sporty, turbo, non-manual that COULD be a two-seater. I landed on a couple options but I just really wasn't excited about them. For some reason, the Supra had kind of left my mind (maybe I didn't realize it was being released when it was), but when I remembered I went hard for one and managed to get it. I've had mine for about 10 months, so I got it pretty early. Absolutely love it.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
I was looking at a Mustang GT350 and fell in love with how old school and unrefined it was. Everything was gravy until I realized I wanted an auto and the looks of the Supra is what sold me.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Honestly I was not looking at any other car than the Supra when I bought mine.

I just fell in love with the shape and considering all the great reviews I saw and read about, it just made sense to buy one for me. I don't usually buy AT cars (nor Toyota) so it was a good opportunity to try something new.

OP
OP
MYNEWFAST

MYNEWFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honestly, I was looking and looking and nothing really grabbed me. I was looking for a sporty, turbo, non-manual that COULD be a two-seater. I landed on a couple options but I just really wasn't excited about them. For some reason, the Supra had kind of left my mind (maybe I didn't realize it was being released when it was), but when I remembered I went hard for one and managed to get it. I've had mine for about 10 months, so I got it pretty early. Absolutely love it.
That was exactly my problem as well.

Every time I went to close the deal on one the vehicles I mentioned above,
I just didn't feel it.
I didn't feel motivated to make those purchases as I normally would.

Until the 26th May, that was the first full day off I had in the preceding three months during the shutdown.
For some reason when I woke up that morning, I felt like I was ready to buy a car.

Last edited:

7.insta

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Renaissance Red
Vehicle Showcase
Around the same price point (give or take) of the Supra I was considering the following:
- Tesla Model 3
- BMW 3 series / M2
- Mercedes A35 / CLA
- Porsche 718

If I had a bigger budget and more time to spare I would've considered:
- Used Nissan GT-R (My dream car)
- Corvette C8
- Porsche 922

But am definitely glad I ended up with the supra. no regrets so far.

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
Still working on what to buy, keep. Here is what I'm considering:

Keep my Porsche 911 964
Sell/Trade 911 for Supra
Sell/Trade 911 for Porsche Cayman S
Sell/Trade 911 for C8 Corvette

Right now I eliminated the C* as I drove the Supra and it has enough power for me.
Keeping the 911 is getting harder as I'm more of a driver than a classic car owner.

OP
OP
MYNEWFAST

MYNEWFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes my friend, you definitely have a dilemma. I do very much miss my 06 997.
But if you haven't driven the Supra yet, I suggest that you do so.
You may find that although it is not a p-car, it is fulfilling.
Also, I don't know if you've ever driven the 944 S2 or 968,, But this car (the Supra) kind of reminds me of that car.

But with more power and more refinement.
Sponsored