What Pisses You Off The MOST About Modern Car Culture?

AyeBird

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bagged 9th gen Accord and hopefully, an A90.
When people come up to me (this mostly happens when I’m driving my daily, a bagged accord) and ask me how much I paid for my bags or when people tell me what I “should” or “should’ve” done with my build or what they would’ve done if they had my car and then proceed to get butthurt when I shut their ideas down or when my vision doesn’t match theirs.
Sponsored

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
I dislike Digital gauges and how obtainable speed is. It’s nuts how the Supra isn’t close to being one of the fastest cars on the road.

Now 1/3 of the moms out there in their teslas and highend Audis, Mecs, and BMWs not to mention various American muscle make it look easy.

Eddy90

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
I dislike Digital gauges and how obtainable speed is. It’s nuts how the Supra isn’t close to being one of the fastest cars on the road.

Now 1/3 of the moms out there in their teslas and highend Audis, Mecs, and BMWs not to mention various American muscle make it look easy.
/This..

Average car enthusiasts (if you can even call them that)... only care about straight line speeds.

They start to egoride when their 7000lbs german suv launches faster than my Manual.. :rolleyes:

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
/This..

Average car enthusiasts (if you can even call them that)... only care about straight line speeds.

They start to egoride when their 7000lbs german suv launches faster than my Manual.. :rolleyes:
That is basically me arguing with my business partner about cars. His answer to everything is "well the Tesla model S goes 0-60 in 2 seconds". You can't talk to him about handling, road feel, balance, anything... every argument in his mind is instantly won by 0-60 times. He'd buy a giant 10 thousand pound car that looked like a butt plug if he could say it did 0-60 in 1 second and kept him numb in air conditioned seats with enough sound deadening to hear a fly fart in the cabin.

Eddy90

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
That is basically me arguing with my business partner about cars. His answer to everything is "well the Tesla model S goes 0-60 in 2 seconds". You can't talk to him about handling, road feel, balance, anything... every argument in his mind is instantly won by 0-60 times. He'd buy a giant 10 thousand pound car that looked like a butt plug if he could say it did 0-60 in 1 second and kept him numb in air conditioned seats with enough sound deadening to hear a fly fart in the cabin.
Lmaoo...!!! 😆

I guess the notion around sports cars is that, they are FAST. It should really be about being fast and FUN..(you want fast, ask a pilot how fun it is to operate a plane, or a train for instance...)
But if you want to enjoy the operation of the vehicle, and experience the thrill of G forces from all directions, get a fukin supra!!!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
This is because they are correct. Straight line speed > whatever else bullshit.

If you're new here: I am a drag racer.

Last edited:

Eddy90

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
This is because they are correct. Straight line speed > whatever else bullshit.

If you're new here: I am a drag racer.
Sir you are a full blown gearhead! :bow:

I was talking about them kiddos with their hand me down Q7's 😆

Reactions: zrk

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
THIS. "10 thousand pound car that looked like a butt plug" 🤣

So true. Mostly the Tesla guys. Coincidently, talking about cars that look like butt plugs. I think the Teslas look like bars of Dove soap that have been used, that are about at the end of their cycle. Ie, soap shoved up a butthole.

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
I’m not really a Cars & Coffee kinda guy, never was, but when I do attend the talk is usually about, “what did you do to your car?” Not what can you do with your car.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
No such thing as too many TE37s
there is. there has been. too many TEs on cars that'll never see the track. TEs for looks are as bad as modified gravel princesses jeeps. actually embarassing

MaximumAttack

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT Toyota Supra, 2005 AP2 Honda S2000
- Instagram culture, in general
- Every teenage kid on the internet talking about car wraps 24/7
- Locked ECUs and absurd environmental/emissions BS
- People drag racing cars that handle phenomenally and should instead be doing road racing, time attack, etc., like the NSX, S2000, FD RX7, etc. (Come on, you are literally ignoring the best part about these cars.)
- Tesla and muscle car worshippers who can't understand why you'd ever care about a car being light or handling well

But, if I'm being honest, car culture has always been full of idiots. It's been this way since the 90s. It's always a mix of all types of people, from smart engineers to hardworking mechanics working on their own cars to clueless douche-bros who care more about clout and street cred than performance, engineering, driving skill, etc..... Really, it's always been this way.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Following trends.
I have two favorite quotes about that, and they have guided my life decisions quite a bit actually.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking!" - George Patton

and

"When everybody else is doing it, don't." - Bob Lutz