What vavled exhaust to pair with AA catted DP?

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
I have an mbrp valved. Just installed an AA last week and I get drone/vibration between 1300-1800 ish rpm. Whatā€™s odd is it only happens during cold start (when rpmā€™s are coming down) And in sport mode when increasing the rpms during a mild acceleration. It has been less frequent/intense the past two days. So I donā€™t know if there is a break-in period for the DP to account for, or itā€™s warmer ambient temperatures. If it persists, Iā€™m going to put a resonator on. Donā€™t really care about loud sound. The exhaust was on the car when I bought it.
how do you like the setup so far?

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
how do you like the setup so far?
I like it. Always getting looks and revs from V8 muscle cars.
I do have to trouble two things though.
1) I have a vibration at around 1800-2100 rpms not sure if itā€™s the exhaust touching something or I just might need a resonator. I did the install myself so who knowsā€¦
2) I have CELā€¦. Itā€™s not consistent though which is odd. If the sensor is bad then it should be consistent right?Not a scientific observation but I only get the CEL when Iā€™m in JB4 map 6 or map 4.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
I like it. Always getting looks and revs from V8 muscle cars.
I do have to trouble two things though.
1) I have a vibration at around 1800-2100 rpms not sure if itā€™s the exhaust touching something or I just might need a resonator. I did the install myself so who knowsā€¦
2) I have CELā€¦. Itā€™s not consistent though which is odd. If the sensor is bad then it should be consistent right?Not a scientific observation but I only get the CEL when Iā€™m in JB4 map 6 or map 4.
I have the same setup on order so Iā€™m excited. Did you contact AA about the CEL?

Kenn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 GR Supra, '19 Audi S5 SB, '04 Toyota Sequoia
Just got my 2023 premium Friday and I already want this sucker louder! Love the car but it's definitely way too quiet stock.

Pretty sure I am going with a active autowerks catted DP because I hate CEL and probably won't sped to have my ECU unlocked anytime soon (just JB4)

Wondering what catback everyone had paired with the AA catted DP? Should I just stick with AA and get their catback as well, or is there better options out there that retain the stock valves?

Want something that ups the sound in the cabin but isn't obnoxiously loud, and can be toned down in normal mode with the valves closed. from my research just the AA catted DP alone on the stock exhaust may not satisfy me so I figure might as well replace the whole system while I am at it and under the car!

Also, does a catted DP and catback enhance the turbo spooling sound a decent amount or do I need to get an intake as well for that? Don't need crazy turbo noises but would like to hear it whistle when I get on it!

Thanks!
Running the AA downpipe/MBRP catback and love it so far. It's pretty quiet in Comfort but rowdy in Sport. There is slight drone in lower RPMs but could be worse.

Apexi is another option as well. I have a buddy who is running AA dp and Apexi catback and it sounds a lot deeper than my setup. MagnaFlow will probably be the loudest in the "straight pipe" configuration but will probably drone a lot more. Excited to see what you end up going with!

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Running the AA downpipe/MBRP catback and love it so far. It's pretty quiet in Comfort but rowdy in Sport. There is slight drone in lower RPMs but could be worse.

Apexi is another option as well. I have a buddy who is running AA dp and Apexi catback and it sounds a lot deeper than my setup. MagnaFlow will probably be the loudest in the "straight pipe" configuration but will probably drone a lot more. Excited to see what you end up going with!
you should post a sound clip comparing you and your buddy's setup side by side :)