What's your favorite glamour shot of your car?

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
^^ Nice and clean. The side shot of the Supra is hard to beat

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
Nice, I traded my MX-5 too..
I always wonder when I see someone who went from an MX-5 Miata to a Supra if they also went from manual transmission to automatic transmission. I mean, I think the majority of Miatas are sold with manual transmission and I know that's the "enthusiast" choice (don't flame me, I'm just making an observation based upon what has been the standard for decades now), so are you guys giving up the manual for an automatic?

And if so, any regrets?

Personally, I was waiting (and hoping) that Supra would eventually get a manual transmission because I didn't want to buy one without it. Call me old school, but can't give up MT cars and I think I'd keep an MT Miata over the Supra, which I believe is a much better overall car for my purposes.

optiklenz13

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
I always wonder when I see someone who went from an MX-5 Miata to a Supra if they also went from manual transmission to automatic transmission. I mean, I think the majority of Miatas are sold with manual transmission and I know that's the "enthusiast" choice (don't flame me, I'm just making an observation based upon what has been the standard for decades now), so are you guys giving up the manual for an automatic?

And if so, any regrets?

Personally, I was waiting (and hoping) that Supra would eventually get a manual transmission because I didn't want to buy one without it. Call me old school, but can't give up MT cars and I think I'd keep an MT Miata over the Supra, which I believe is a much better overall car for my purposes.
Yes, I've always had manual transmission in all the cars I've owned, Civic, Speed3, MX-5.. I'm not giving up on manual, I still have one as a winter beater. A Mazda 3. There are certain cars that work in manual transmission, MX-5 being one of them. In my own humble opinion, the Supra works with the auto transmission.

I've got no regrets getting the auto Supra and didn't wait for the manual to be released. :)