Wheels dilemma!!

Jamassi

First Name
Edreus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 refraction blue Supra 2003 Mitsubishi Evo
Ok so here is how I feel. I love my Supra and I like the stock oem a91 wheels. Like them enough where when I look at the car I don’t feel an urgency to switch them up. However at the same time I wish I could somehow justify spending $5-7k on a wheel & tire setup and I just can’t do it. There goes to liking them again. Thank you Toyota for designing good wheels, wish I felt they were great wheels! I wonder, who else is in a similar boat?
Sponsored

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Let me back you up.... you used the term Justify
You can not Justify buying a 2-seat impractical sports car.

So of course any further money spent can not be "justified"

EVERYTHING looks better with aftermarket wheels. spend the money- don't spent the money Have to be happy with what you have.

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
i love the stockers on this car...especially the all black ones...this car is perfectally good bone stock and most peeps including me lack the seat time to push these cars to what they are capable of (and i race motorcycles)

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Ok so here is how I feel. I love my Supra and I like the stock oem a91 wheels. Like them enough where when I look at the car I don’t feel an urgency to switch them up. However at the same time I wish I could somehow justify spending $5-7k on a wheel & tire setup and I just can’t do it. There goes to liking them again. Thank you Toyota for designing good wheels, wish I felt they were great wheels! I wonder, who else is in a similar boat?

I'm in the exact position...I don't mind the black a91 wheels n with spacers they look good on my car...but I really want a black deep dish just think they'd look killer on the car...
My wife is pushing me to get them but at the end of the day 7k+ is alot of money...I really don't think the deep dish will change the overall appearance of my car 7k worth...

For some money is just money...
For me I'm a cheap ass in have a very hard time coming off my money...

Whatever choice you make I'm sure you'll be happy with n you'll probably only remember spending that money for a very short time..

Good luck
Steve

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
I'm on the same boat as you. I do like the design of the stock wheels a lot. I have switched out the tires on the rears to 295s. It fills in the fender gap and looks so much better in my opinion.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
I'm on the same boat as you. I do like the design of the stock wheels a lot. I have switched out the tires on the rears to 295s. It fills in the fender gap and looks so much better in my opinion.
Interesting, are you running spacers or lowering springs as well?

Pics please!

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Can you post pics of this and are you lowered as well? I’d like to see some pics of wider tires with the stock rims. Thanks.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So just save for a couple months if there is no urgency but you know you want better looking wheels… You’re never going to find a reason to justify new wheels other than “I want different wheels.” Problem solved.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You could try to do what I’m going to do and wait until you need new tires. That will at least “justify” part of the price for getting a new set of wheels and tires.

hwnstyle21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
I really like the A90 LE wheels (only 1700 miles) but opted for new BC Forged wheels. Now I’m just waiting on the tires. I’m sure these won’t be the last set of wheels… Waiting for TE37SL Black Edition IIIs to pop up. ?

xkenx1995

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
If you dont spend your money, who will?! Lol jk. I'm on the same boat but I powder coated my wheels and added spacers to give it a more flush look. It's definitely fighting the urge to get some baller wheels. The ones I really want are the BBS LMs, but they don't have Supra spec in 19s. Probably have to custom order or I didnt look hard enough.

hwnstyle21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
If you dont spend your money, who will?! Lol jk. I'm on the same boat but I powder coated my wheels and added spacers to give it a more flush look. It's definitely fighting the urge to get some baller wheels. The ones I really want are the BBS LMs, but they don't have Supra spec in 19s. Probably have to custom order or I didnt look hard enough.
Hit up @Meraki Autoworks they can get those BBS LMs for you. They offer a 19“ setup.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
What's the specs hommie? You lowered with spacers?
Sponsored