Wheels dilemma!!

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I think wheels and tires make a car. Stock black wheels are nice. But the 2 tone garbage reminds me of the corolla and Camry. Yes, I could of painted/powder coat the stocks. But I also didn’t want ruin the resell value of them in 30 years where mint a90 prem wheels are rare. One thing like one guy pointed out, wait for your tires to wear then get new wheels.

I for one like to stand out alittle and not look like every Supra out there but retain the Oem appearance.
Sponsored

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
We can get you guys the BBS LM, they're just out of stock. We have A LOT of wheels we can offer for the Supra, hit us up.

213 394 2886.

-Josh

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I added some spacers and I’m perfectly fine with the stock wheels on my black Supra. They look good and nice concavity on the spokes which I like.

I use to swap out wheels all the time, but these wheels along with the stock wheels on my STI, not changing them.

My other cars run after markets.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Ok so here is how I feel. I love my Supra and I like the stock oem a91 wheels. Like them enough where when I look at the car I don’t feel an urgency to switch them up. However at the same time I wish I could somehow justify spending $5-7k on a wheel & tire setup and I just can’t do it. There goes to liking them again. Thank you Toyota for designing good wheels, wish I felt they were great wheels! I wonder, who else is in a similar boat?
I think you have to love the one you're with. You're in a better spot because you have stock A91 wheels and not the two-tone mess Toyota foisted on the rest of us. But yeah, kudos to Toyota for forged OEM wheels but demerits for leaving a lot of rubber and performance on the table with 19x9/10 instead of 19x9.5/11 and thinking two-tone looks good.

I agree it's hard to shell out $6000 on a wheel/tire package when the markup is 100+%. Like Evolution, I went with Apex SM-10 wheels and kept my stock tires. The cost was heavily offset for me because I sold my stock downpipe for something like $1100 so the net outlay was actually pretty small. If and when the stock tires wear out, I'll switch to Cup2s or something like that.

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
I'm in the exact position...I don't mind the black a91 wheels n with spacers they look good on my car...but I really want a black deep dish just think they'd look killer on the car...
My wife is pushing me to get them but at the end of the day 7k+ is alot of money...I really don't think the deep dish will change the overall appearance of my car 7k worth...

For some money is just money...
For me I'm a cheap ass in have a very hard time coming off my money...

Whatever choice you make I'm sure you'll be happy with n you'll probably only remember spending that money for a very short time..

Good luck
Steve
go get a nice used bike for the 7k and have a blast with both a supra and 2 wheels

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
I'm in the same boat, stock wheels are very good looking, but I want something of "my own", but at the same time - because Ive done this before - I dont want to spend $4-6k on a brand new setup

so I'm waiting out to see if the wheel I'm interested shows up

at the moment there are shrotages and wait times of 8+ months anyways

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
go get a nice used bike for the 7k and have a blast with both a supra and 2 wheels
If you're talkin bout a road bike I have a nice little TREK..
If you're talkin bout a motorcycle...
Been there n won't go back...
I LIKE SPEED WAY TO MUCH...
I'll end up dead...lol...

anyone thinking bout spending that much(myself included) should just invest it...
Think that's what I'm gonna do?..

Not as much fun though...

Steve

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I'm in the same boat, stock wheels are very good looking, but I want something of "my own", but at the same time - because Ive done this before - I dont want to spend $4-6k on a brand new setup

so I'm waiting out to see if the wheel I'm interested shows up

at the moment there are shrotages and wait times of 8+ months anyways
You can always get the stock 19's painted.. the shape of the wheels are aftermarket-like already. I haven't checked in detail, but wheel repair places can remove the wheels from the tires, paint them, and re-mount/re-balance afterwards. Quite convenient. And it probably won't cost more than $1K.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Ok so here is how I feel. I love my Supra and I like the stock oem a91 wheels. Like them enough where when I look at the car I don’t feel an urgency to switch them up. However at the same time I wish I could somehow justify spending $5-7k on a wheel & tire setup and I just can’t do it. There goes to liking them again. Thank you Toyota for designing good wheels, wish I felt they were great wheels! I wonder, who else is in a similar boat?
I was just about to place an order on some Work Meister S1 3p's, but the wait time is 8 months. They're about $3,400USD. You don't have to spend 6-7 grand for a nice set. I'm going to get BC Forged instead. The wait time is only around 6 weeks. I have the two tone stock wheels, but it's tooo much black for me. Black wheels are in style at the moment, but I'm not a fan.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
If you're talkin bout a road bike I have a nice little TREK..
If you're talkin bout a motorcycle...
Been there n won't go back...
I LIKE SPEED WAY TO MUCH...
I'll end up dead...lol...

anyone thinking bout spending that much(myself included) should just invest it...
Think that's what I'm gonna do?..

Not as much fun though...

Steve
Everytime I drive past the ducati dealership it takes ever ounce of me not to walk in and swipe a panigale on the Amex.

Thankfully I no longer have any reason to be on that side of the city because if the bike didn't kill me the wife would.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
327EAD63-B693-4310-B38F-A5B4870F5E34.jpeg
D5AA0646-5674-4151-9462-D35D7A23F801.jpeg

stocks over anything at the moment for me, all the wheels i wanted to do got hella played out. Plus i never had any problems with the stocks, they are one of the best looking stock wheels for a car yet. the look is simple and subtle. Give it a nice drop, throw some beefy 285's to give it that perfect "should've came like that from the factory" fitment in the rears, slap on some 13/15mm spacers and call it a day.
35D201F8-A7DF-4731-A5E3-10A2F4978D4E.jpeg
8D07EABC-ED7B-4CD9-80C2-F70E0619D32B.jpeg

Bonus pic for OP cause he has an A91 lol. My buddy's A91 is a mirror setup to mine, H&R springs, spacers and lug bolts. Waiting on his tires for all 4 cause he likes romping on the fucker everywhere. ??

OP
OP
Jamassi

Jamassi

First Name
Edreus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 refraction blue Supra 2003 Mitsubishi Evo
Cost saving measure I considered was getting a set of volk te37 sl and using my tires and sensors from oem wheels. Otherwise best thing to wait it out til stock tires are done. Although this would take a long time as I have 2300 miles after 7 months of ownership.

OP
OP
Jamassi

Jamassi

First Name
Edreus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 refraction blue Supra 2003 Mitsubishi Evo
327EAD63-B693-4310-B38F-A5B4870F5E34.jpeg
D5AA0646-5674-4151-9462-D35D7A23F801.jpeg

stocks over anything at the moment for me, all the wheels i wanted to do got hella played out. Plus i never had any problems with the stocks, they are one of the best looking stock wheels for a car yet. the look is simple and subtle. Give it a nice drop, throw some beefy 285's to give it that perfect "should've came like that from the factory" fitment in the rears, slap on some 13/15mm spacers and call it a day.
Stance looks perfect ? I have h&r springs going in sometime soon will also need spacers. Those volk te37’s are quite popular so I understand what you are saying about them being played out but they do still look amazing on our cars.
Sponsored