First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2015 BMW 335i
I would do it in a heartbeat 💓 but I’m “that guy”…. I know it’s a BMW B58 engine, you bought it at a BMW dealer, told them you own a Z4/Supra. But yes you could open up your manual and look for the exact specs and double check your dealer.

The biggest thing I look for is “do I have to add water“ to make it 50/50. Some come already premixed and others don’t. That would be my biggest concern. So peel that sticker off for steps 1-3. Step 4 does say it’s a 50/50 mixture. But I’d still look at steps 1-3 :)
BMW coolant does not come pre mixed, so order only half what you’ll need, assuming desired 50/50 mix ofc.
Sponsored

Mark5

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2
Thanks, yes it does actually say mix with water, but there's nothing that says "HT-12" like the others have on their containers...

I would do it in a heartbeat 💓 but I’m “that guy”…. I know it’s a BMW B58 engine, you bought it at a BMW dealer, told them you own a Z4/Supra. But yes you could open up your manual and look for the exact specs and double check your dealer.

The biggest thing I look for is “do I have to add water“ to make it 50/50. Some come already premixed and others don’t. That would be my biggest concern. So peel that sticker off for steps 1-3. Step 4 does say it’s a 50/50 mixture. But I’d still look at steps 1-3 :)

A90.C

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
Thanks, yes it does actually say mix with water, but there's nothing that says "HT-12" like the others have on their containers...
Cause it’s not HT-12. You’ve got the classic BMW blue juice. Starting 2019/2020 BMW started moving over to the new HT-12 (green juice)

Mark5

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2
I called BMW - they claim the black cap bottle, which this is, is compatible with the HT-12 and is what is recommended now. It's what they sell for a refill on the m340i.

Also, the Toyota dealer that I bought it from said that this is the only one that was sent to them by Toyota for the Supra. This is kind of bizarre

Cause it’s not HT-12. You’ve got the classic BMW blue juice. Starting 2019/2020 BMW started moving over to the new HT-12 (green juice)

A90.C

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
I called BMW - they claim the black cap bottle, which this is, is compatible with the HT-12 and is what is recommended now. It's what they sell for a refill on the m340i.

Also, the Toyota dealer that I bought it from said that this is the only one that was sent to them by Toyota for the Supra. This is kind of bizarre
They may use the blue for the m340i. When I said 2019/2020 it wasn’t a hard change MY.

Supra uses the green HT-12, as evidenced by the manual and car itself from factory. If at all possible, it’s generally recommended to keep using the coolant your car came with.

That being said, it is correct that they are technically cross compatible and unlikely you’ll run into issues switching, if that’s what you end up doing. HT-12 is just a corrosion inhibitor -essentially the green is just more easily recyclable.

Mark5

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2
Thanks - Good to know that they are at least compatible as it's very difficult to confirm 100% from Toyota which coolant to use. The manual obviously says what it says, but calling dealers in this area who have it in stock and then even calling a high volume dealer in California, they only have the one I got in stock which is not the one in the owner's manual. This is the BMW and Toyota part # 82141-46770-4. The only coolant these Toyota dealers I have called have in stock for the Supra.

So it seems that for anyone who must top off their coolant and must have the same factory coolant in their car now, they have to buy the HT-12 from a BMW dealer or if they only want to go to the Toyota dealer, they have to buy this 82141-46770-4 one and have to flush their factory coolant.

They may use the blue for the m340i. When I said 2019/2020 it wasn’t a hard change MY.

Supra uses the green HT-12, as evidenced by the manual and car itself from factory. If at all possible, it’s generally recommended to keep using the coolant your car came with.

That being said, it is correct that they are technically cross compatible and unlikely you’ll run into issues switching, if that’s what you end up doing. HT-12 is just a corrosion inhibitor -essentially the green is just more easily recyclable.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Thanks - Good to know that they are at least compatible as it's very difficult to confirm 100% from Toyota which coolant to use. The manual obviously says what it says, but calling dealers in this area who have it in stock and then even calling a high volume dealer in California, they only have the one I got in stock which is not the one in the owner's manual. This is the BMW and Toyota part # 82141-46770-4. The only coolant these Toyota dealers I have called have in stock for the Supra.
That is because Toyota has no idea how to service the Supra correctly.

Just use BMW HT-12 #83192468442

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

So it seems that for anyone who must top off their coolant and must have the same factory coolant in their car now, they have to buy the HT-12 from a BMW dealer or if they only want to go to the Toyota dealer, they have to buy this 82141-46770-4 one and have to flush their factory coolant.
I’d use either one of these and call it a day:

7F6A906D-8723-4C66-BED3-5DFD7DA3DB17.jpeg

https://spirecar.com/troubleshootin...ant-and-their-colors-dont-use-the-wrong-type/

Coolant types listed above ☝ and further explanation below 👇

https://irontite.com/a/26-understanding-the-different-antifreeze-types-for-your-car

Most brands come with an easy chart to follow, depending on the brand you want to buy.

324A8E86-1FF8-4976-AECF-7EC1474E56DC.jpeg

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Bmw Specific Coolant Details:

Video about options:
Cool British 🇬🇧 AI voice. At least the tone doesn’t change when he/it says not to reuse old coolant, in that video above.

Just for fun, Scotty is great!!!! Cracks me up every time and explains car stuff really well:

Love this guy, 😂 . HOAT all the way 🏆
Sponsored

Last edited: