Which sway bar company?

Sangeof

First Name
Sanju
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra A91 Refraction
Looking to get front and rear sway bars for my a91. I’m torn between whiteline, Cusco and eibach. Was gonna get front and rears. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
aFe has also an adjustable pair - front and rear.

HappyFins

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
Looking to get front and rear sway bars for my a91. I’m torn between whiteline, Cusco and eibach. Was gonna get front and rears. Any thoughts?
Hello! just my thoughts and my thoughts only. I sort of like the Afe design of grease fittings. But I’m not sure if the fittings help direct the grease straight between the bar & bushing or will excess grease will get in between the brackets and bushing. I remember in my subie I had that happen and made ton of noise from the bushing sliding around the bracket. (Had to remove it and strip off the grease).

I haven’t heard any negatives from any of the designs except whiteline because the holes were drilled far apart when set at the stiffest setting it might come in contact in a turn with the front control arm during the prototypes. But I’m sure it’s all corrected by now. They have great customer service.

I personally have the Eibachs (front&back). I went with these because of the price point and adjustable settings. The whole car feels more planted and ridgid. Not saying it’s a good or bad thing. Probably bad if I’m putting a lot of torque and the rear wheels come off the ground from a bump. But sure turns nice as I’m accelerating in the middle and out of a turn. Overall I like them but you definitely lose the grand touring feel. It’s a different car. My car has no noises (used yellow teflon tape & grease). I do have stock suspension and added front and rear power brace FYI to factor in. Front set to middle setting & rear most loose.

If I had to decide again I would consider the Afe’s for the grease fittings but also Eibach for the value. Plus Jackie Ding runs them too.

8C83B0BD-6DB8-4224-8B85-C8B630021B61.jpeg

2064D9DF-E945-433E-84C6-0608CFB7E2D6.jpeg

7034FC8F-9EE6-4ED3-9994-AF95861376CF.jpeg

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
Greetings! I'd recommend doing the Whiteline bar up front. I wouldn't worry about doing the rear sway unless you plan on tracking it. You'll be fine if you're just enjoying it on the street.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I have cusco on front & rear and this is my thought.

If you are going to use supra only for street and not pushing to the limit of its handling, stock sway bar is fine. if you can use it to push to the limit, you probably won't like how much it rolls when it turns as well as how slow it returns to parallel to ground. This characteristic makes new supra comfortable to drive like touring car but you can also enjoy it in track. However, if you are willing to sacrifice comfort of street driving and be more aggressive on track, sway bar is one of the way to improve it. If you are considering sway bar for cosmetic, don't bother since it's really hard to see once installed. speaking of installation, front is very easy but rear requires dropping rear subframe and it was not easy. for that reason, I tried to get quote for installing rear sway bar and had a quote for $250~$300 for this $300 part.

For the reason above, I had to run my last track event of the year /w only front Cusco sway bar replaced. Not sure on spring rate of other sway bar and adjustability but Cusco has pretty high spring rate and cannot adjust. which meant I was running very strong sway bar in front but "weak" on rear. This caused rear to roll more than front and gave very unstable feeling. It still was controllable but felt very weird when turning. I do have rear sway bar installed now but haven't run track yet with current setup so I cannot comment on how it is /w both sway bar installed. - see my build log.

So if you decide to go with Cusco, definitely replace both front and rear. If you are going /w other brand that can adjust spring rate, I heard you could only change front /w lower spring rate and won't change much.

I went /w Cusco because it was available to me at the time as well as not being able to adjust, I know Cusco testing team balanced it to be used as is and I don't have to play with it. - with adjustability, I always had doubts on if the setting is correct and it took a long time to fine tune it. And then once I get better, I realize it's wrong setting and takes another long time to tune it again. this cycle just continues and take way too long. I rather focus on driving than changing setting so I try to simplify it as much as possible on setup.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Sorry, I own the property and the shop rents from me. He gets below market rent and I get free labor.

If i had to guess from experience springs and both sway bars should be 500-750 in labor.
Sponsored