White smoke coming from exhuast

njrheng

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota supra
Hello I have a 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0. W/ 11k miles. Driving yesterday around town and come to a stop I notice a cloud of white smoke coming from my exhuast. I smelt like burning oil but also fumes at the same time. My engine oil temp read fine and my oil level was reading “ok” I have yet to check my coolant level. I’m running a armytrix catless downpipe paired with a dual tomei exhuast. I am fully stock otherwise, no CAI or anything and stock turbo and no tune, anyone have any idea what this could be I’m debating on swapping my cats and just bringing it straight to the dealer as I do still have warranty.
Thanks for reading
Sponsored

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
White smoke is water, so check your coolant level. Also look for weird brown or white goop on the oil fill cap. I don't think we have radiator caps, so maybe look for signs of oil in the coolant tank ...? I'd have to go out to look at the car to be sure on that one. You can also take off the coolant reservoir cap, start the car, and see if any air bubbles come up.

Either way, taking it to the dealership, under warranty, is going to be the best option.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
You blew your flux compositor, I think Doc rebuilt it to run on fruit and veggies tho…

OP
OP

njrheng

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota supra
White smoke is water, so check your coolant level. Also look for weird brown or white goop on the oil fill cap. I don't think we have radiator caps, so maybe look for signs of oil in the coolant tank ...? I'd have to go out to look at the car to be sure on that one. You can also take off the coolant reservoir cap, start the car, and see if any air bubbles come up.

Either way, taking it to the dealership, under warranty, is going to be the best option.
okay thanks

OP
OP

njrheng

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota supra
good luck, dude. Let us know how it goes!
fingers crossed, I've gotten a mixed to advice on what it is. some people saying its normal, some people saying its the catless dp,PVC, injectors, and idk how to diagnose it myself.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
fingers crossed, I've gotten a mixed to advice on what it is. some people saying its normal, some people saying its the catless dp,PVC, injectors, and idk how to diagnose it myself.
PVC would be an oil issue. That would be blue smoke. Catless DP would fuel which would be black smoke. Same with injectors.
It would be MUCH more likely that it's blue smoke/oil. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. Are you sure it's white and not blue?

OP
OP

njrheng

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota supra
PVC would be an oil issue. That would be blue smoke. Catless DP would fuel which would be black smoke. Same with injectors.
It would be MUCH more likely that it's blue smoke/oil. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. Are you sure it's white and not blue?
ill send in a video clip of the smoke

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Also, does it smoke worse at start up then get better? During deceleration? Acceleration? Is it better under some circumstances? Worse under others? Any noticeable change in power output?

OP
OP

njrheng

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota supra
Also, does it smoke worse at start up then get better? During deceleration? Acceleration? Is it better under some circumstances? Worse under others? Any noticeable change in power output?
no smoke during start up only when the car is fully warmed up and drive regularly and come to a complete stop. no smoke during idle at park, no smoke during warm or cold start up either. I have driven the car since it happened because i am afraid if its anything major but it seems like everyone I've talk to wants to see the smoke or engine bay sounds.

Mk5.DreCiga

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra
Dude im having the same problem let me know if you figure it out. If you have any way for me to contact you let me know!
Sponsored