Why I'm NOT Hyped About The New Toyota Supra

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
That means that Tada actually BELIEVES at the bmw motor with the extra things Toyota did to it!
Sorry, I haven’t been keeping up with the recent threads....what exactly are those “extra things” Toyota did to the BMW motor?
Sponsored

SS09ER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS13
Sorry, I haven’t been keeping up with the recent threads....what exactly are those “extra things” Toyota did to the BMW motor?
As far as we know just a different turbo,remapping,different oil pump,oil pan nothing special yet,we wait and see!

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As far as we know just a different turbo,remapping,different oil pump,oil pan nothing special yet,we wait and see!
Well, you said Tada BELIEVES in the BMW motor. Then you say, “nothing special.” So, my question is....why would Tada BELIEVE in something not special?

upnsmoke

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota MR2 GT, Nismo 370Z , Subaru Liberty Outback
I turned it off when he said the lfa was forgettable.

What?

He did have valid points to it
He got a lot of good points except that he sounded anti Japanese...

Maketing wise sure Lexus doesn't have the prestige of Jaguar... But quality wise I can assure you Lexus has over taken Jaguar a while ago and it's just European reputation these days... In 10 to 20 years time Lexus should have the heritage to be mentioned up there with the older established European names..

LFA is not a top seller with great reasons... Since it's limited in numbers but it was praised everywhere and is considered an exotic car for the ages...

But regarding the Supra and it's potential market and lack of Japanese accountability and mechanics... He's right

I think they should have targeted the GTR and the 370Z... Create a V8 Twin Turbo with similar numbers as GTR and a more affordable straight 6 turbo with manual and downgraded interior but around 370Z price range... Badge them ZR and SZR...

Boom.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
He got a lot of good points except that he sounded anti Japanese...
Huh??? You know he owns a R35 GTR right? Lmao! Watch his other videos...

Dude is far from being anti-Japanese.

50_Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F
Why would I buy this car when I can just pick up the RC-F right now or was for the TTV6 I-SF in 2021 and keep my Lexus badge?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
-700-800lbs lighter
-Small coupe that's very dynamic
-Much faster shifting 8spd auto
-More mod friendly due to forced induction
-Available without waiting 3 years

:)

Totally different classes of vehicles anyhow.

Last edited:

JP_Supra

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
Why would I buy this car when I can just pick up the RC-F right now or was for the TTV6 I-SF in 2021 and keep my Lexus badge?
That's some pretty interesting cross shopping you're doing there. Apples to oranges.

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
That's some pretty interesting cross shopping you're doing there. Apples to oranges.
That maybe true for us enthusiasts but for the average Joe they're all sporty "Toyotas". If you're looking for something to daily drive and wanted something from Toyota and nothing else, it's very easy to go with an RC-F for more comfort, luxury and cargo space. IS-F for the extra rear legroom. Or even an LC500 for the "prestige".

I'm actually on the same boat for being a Toyota purist. I already have a heavily modified 86, and I'm looking for a GT. It's either the MKV or an LC500/LC-F. They might not be comparable on paper specially on price, but I'll be damned if people don't compare the two at the showroom for being coupes. Do I want more power and luxury, or a BMW better handling, feel and tunability?

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
He made a follow up. :popcorn:

Yup! This dude is on point in every video....this is who the real enthusiasts are, not internet trolls wishing for another badge.

Btw, for those hating on him....he actually owns a R35 GTR. Respect!

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Yup! This dude is on point in every video....this is who the real enthusiasts are, not internet trolls wishing for another badge.

Btw, for those hating on him....he actually owns a R35 GTR. Respect!
I guess I'll try and play peace maker. It is great to see people express their opinions, but I really wish people would stop making these pro and anti new Supra videos. Both sides are cherry picking online rumors to support their POV. In this case he is using old pricing info from Guff's thread. A70 told us more recently that Tada said $50k-$55k for the straight six. Low $40ks for the 4 banger. On the other hand, Supra fanboys are telling us how great this car is going to be before even seeing or driving it. I think it would make a lot more sense to save these types of videos for when we have official news, info, pics and etc. And maybe more importantly, after gets behind the wheel of one. :nixon:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'll try and play peace maker. It is great to see people express their opinions, but I really wish people would stop making these pro and anti new Supra videos. Both sides are cherry picking online rumors to support their POV. In this case he is using old pricing info from Guff's thread. A70 told us more recently that Tada said $50k-$55k for the straight six. Low $40ks for the 4 banger. On the other hand, Supra fanboys are telling us how great this car is going to be before even seeing or driving it. I think it would make a lot more sense to save these types of videos for when we have official news, info, pics and etc. And maybe more importantly, after gets behind the wheel of one. :nixon:
Come on Johnny, it's all in good fun...anyone who is getting hurt by comments from an internet forum should throw their PC out the window and never get near the web again...lol. Most of us here (majority) are not going to own this car....and those who are speculating 2JZ swaps, manual transmissions, etc... are just filling the hype balloon with air. When the car is released, it will sell just like the 350Z did....it will also be a ordinary sports car, just like the 350Z was. We are all here to have fun and share jokes, opinions, etc... The way I look at these forums (not SupraMKV specifically, but in general) is like a busy bar on a Friday night....everyone is fucked up and just saying whatever stupid shit comes to mind. At the end of the night, we all leave the bar laughing together.
Sponsored