Window won't auto roll up / doesn't open/close that 1cm when opening door

eastcoastish

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
My passenger side window rolls up and down with the switch, but it has stopped slightly opening and closing (when opening and closing the door) and it no longer auto-rolls up with the click of the switch. I scheduled an appointment with Toyota for next week but wondering if there's anything I can do myself to reset it? I've read lots of threads about holding the switch up or down for 5, or 10 or 30 seconds, but no luck yet.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My passenger side window rolls up and down with the switch, but it has stopped slightly opening and closing (when opening and closing the door) and it no longer auto-rolls up with the click of the switch. I scheduled an appointment with Toyota for next week but wondering if there's anything I can do myself to reset it? I've read lots of threads about holding the switch up or down for 5, or 10 or 30 seconds, but no luck yet.
In FRS i believe it was switch up down 3 full times or something. But this is a BMW so I'm not sure...

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
A while back the windows on my wife’s mini (also BMW) stopped doing the little half inch auto up/down when opening/closing the doors (it didn’t fully stop, it just got real inconsistent). It ended up being a weak battery, the low voltage was pissing off some of the electrical systems and sensors. She ended up getting the battery replaced and the problem stopped.

OP
OP
eastcoastish

eastcoastish

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
The service tech first tried the up/down solution that I've seen posted and then hooked up his system and did a full reset on the door which got me back to good. So if anyone else does run into this problem that the up/down reset doesn't work, the Toyota dealership can do it quickly.
Sponsored