Wing mirror failing

Hudson Hawk

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Pro
Has anyone had issues with their passenger side wing mirror not working?

Mine intermintaly doesn't fold out or adjust on the controls, which seems to coincide with heavy rain.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hudson Hawk

Hudson Hawk

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Pro
My driver's side one failed last year - wouldn't fold in. I had it replaced under warranty with no issues.
Thanks, they are going to check it when i get it serviced in a couple of weeks.

Did they confirm what the fault was?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Mine did that and sometimes the lights wouldn't turn off. Wife washed the car one day and magically everything is now working. So effin weird! I now lock the car all the time even when garaged. Someone else posted that Toyota recommended doing that.

But definitely had the same issue you're describing, not folding in.

OP
OP
Hudson Hawk

Hudson Hawk

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Pro
Mine did that and sometime the lights wouldn't turn off. Wife washed the car one day and magically everything is now working. So effin weird!
I think it is a water issue, seems to coincide with heavy downpours.

Still not working today and have had to force it out to be able to use it.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Sorry to hear. I'm sure you guys have better service over there. If still under warrantee, just take it in like @djbilly did.

Fitch

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKIV
Mine has just packed up too. Always the passenger side one it seems. It has decided not to fold in and fold out automatically any more. Boo.

Think this has happened due to my washing the car on Saturday. Any ideas what it could be or a fix? Thought a fuse at first but reading this thread it seems to be weak point.

Before I phone it in do you think its better to take the carbon mirror caps off too? I want to avoid any excuses not to honor warranty because of replacing the caps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hudson Hawk

Hudson Hawk

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Pro
Mine has just packed up too. Always the passenger side one it seems. It has decided not to fold in and fold out automatically any more. Boo.

Think this has happened due to my washing the car on Saturday. Any ideas what it could be or a fix? Thought a fuse at first but reading this thread it seems to be weak point.

Before I phone it in do you think its better to take the carbon mirror caps off too? I want to avoid any excuses not to honor warranty because of replacing the caps.
Mine didn't get replaced. The problem was that its failed but i have to book it in for warranty investigation, which by then its working again!

They said they stripped it down and couldn't find anything.

Next time it fails, i will drive it straight to the dealer.

Fitch

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKIV
MIne has been booked in this AM at my local dealership and they said they would warranty it which is great. The wing mirror isn't moving up and down in the unit either so unless it is the same motor that controls the retracting AND the retraction tilt (correct me if I'm wrong) I'm guessing a fuse now... could be wrong.

OP
OP
Hudson Hawk

Hudson Hawk

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Pro
MIne has been booked in this AM at my local dealership and they said they would warranty it which is great. The wing mirror isn't moving up and down in the unit either so unless it is the same motor that controls the retracting AND the retraction tilt (correct me if I'm wrong) I'm guessing a fuse now... could be wrong.
For me I'm sure it is water ingress that's causing the problems. It stopped it folding out and mirror adjustment.

Fitch

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKIV
For me I'm sure it is water ingress that's causing the problems. It stopped it folding out and mirror adjustment.
Yep - I assume washing mine at the weekend caused this. I wonder if I dry mine out with a hairdrier/sun it may start working.

OP
OP
Hudson Hawk

Hudson Hawk

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Pro
Yep - I assume washing mine at the weekend caused this. I wonder if I dry mine out with a hairdrier/sun it may start working.
I'd wait so they can see it not working. If it is ok when you go there they wont do anything as there will be no visible fault.

Fitch

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKIV
Lol - the wing mirror has decided to work again as its just rained. But refuses to open out again on keypress. Got to be a ribbon cable issue.
Sponsored