wobble bolts?

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
I didnt get a chance to install the entire set of 5x114 wheels I plan on using... I only checked one side (front and rear). Ill post an update here once I get the entire set on and actually drive the car.

Definitely want to use a hub centering ring that matches your wheels hubs to the Supras (66.6mm). I didnt have them yet at the time I tested the studs which is why I didnt drive the car. I just wanted to make sure they actually allowed the 5x114 to be mounted. The rings arrived yesterday so hopefully I can get a chance in the near future to fully test it all out.
Awesome. Im sure the difference from m12 to m14 wont make much difference. As i recall the older Bimmers including the f8x M3/4 are m12 studs anyways.
Sponsored

5teeb

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FD RX7 and A90 Supra
Just confirming this conversion kit works if you want to run 5x114.3 PCD: Stud Conversion

Tested them this weekend and was happy with the fitment. Its a bit finicky getting the wheel over the studs bc they have to line up just right....but they're good. If you dont want to see the stud, you'll have to come up with some sort of cap or 12mm lug nut to cover the stud.
Do you have any pics of the 5x114 on the car? I have the same Stud conversion but was unable to get the wheels on the studs correctly.. Tried CCW's and some cheap rep wheels. The bolt holes on the wheels are large enough, just didn't seem to line up correctly.

GorillaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium, 08' Tacoma 2WD, 10' FJ Cruiser
Do you have any pics of the 5x114 on the car? I have the same Stud conversion but was unable to get the wheels on the studs correctly.. Tried CCW's and some cheap rep wheels. The bolt holes on the wheels are large enough, just didn't seem to line up correctly.
That’s funny bc someone else on here messaged me with the same issue. It was a little tricky getting the wheel to line up but I got it on. I do have a pic, it’s not the best but it still shows.

And just to verify…you’re using the included black nuts to mount the wheel right? You’re not using them to lock the studs to the hub…right?

Im wondering if there are some slight differences in machining from company to company which may be screwing some people up. The Enkei TY-5s I have worked without too much of a hassle.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
I got the bolt conversion kit you linked to, they are here already, just in case something shows up, but I'll probably order wheels in 5x112

5teeb

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FD RX7 and A90 Supra
That’s funny bc someone else on here messaged me with the same issue. It was a little tricky getting the wheel to line up but I got it on. I do have a pic, it’s not the best but it still shows.

And just to verify…you’re using the included black nuts to mount the wheel right? You’re not using them to lock the studs to the hub…right?

Im wondering if there are some slight differences in machining from company to company which may be screwing some people up. The Enkei TY-5s I have worked without too much of a hassle.

Turns out I received the wrong studs -____- I received the thread pitch conversion instead of the bolt pattern conversion soo i'm waiting to hear back to see if I can just ship them back and receive the correct studs. Sucks because I really want to get the wheels on the car already.

GorillaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Turns out I received the wrong studs -____- I received the thread pitch conversion instead of the bolt pattern conversion soo i'm waiting to hear back to see if I can just ship them back and receive the correct studs. Sucks because I really want to get the wheels on the car already.
Oh man that sucks….sorry to hear that. Youll get the right ones soon enough. I’m wondering if they guy who messaged me earlier having the same issue got sent the wrong part as well.

5teeb

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FD RX7 and A90 Supra
Oh man that sucks….sorry to hear that. Youll get the right ones soon enough. I’m wondering if they guy who messaged me earlier having the same issue got sent the wrong part as well.
Well if he ordered them from Xtreme Powerhouse then they definitely received the wrong studs. The website has them Specifically Titled "Vargas BMW/Toyota 5x112 TO 5x114 Bolt pattern conversion kit" but after reading the description it describes the thread conversion instead of the bolt pattern conversion.. Definitely my fault for not reading the description thoroughly but it's literally the exact same title as what was on VTT website.. So I screwed myself there.

GorillaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You guys should’ve ordered directly from Vargas Turbos…shipping is pretty fast as long as they’re in stock.

Bumping this thread just to confirm the fitment is very good. Finally had a chance to install all four wheels and go for a nice drive. I ended up getting aluminum centering rings to ensure proper fitment and don’t have any vibration or alignment issues at all. My only gripe about these is their length… 50mm shank length seems a bit too long IMO. But I guess their made longer to fit a wider range of wheel sizes.
Bumping this thread just to confirm the fitment is very good. Finally had a chance to install all four wheels and go for a nice drive. I ended up getting aluminum centering rings to ensure proper fitment and don’t have any vibration or alignment issues at all. My only gripe about these is their length… 50mm shank length seems a bit too long IMO. But I guess their made longer to fit a wider range of wheel sizes.

Pics:
9BFB5F59-D274-4720-A940-402E9A2DBC4F.jpeg

D065090C-A405-416C-9D45-18BE1BCDC9AD.jpeg

3FA8C7D1-A23A-477D-97D9-4D765DF2D63C.jpeg

GorillaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
are those the m12x1.5 conversion studs?
These are the 112x5 (14mmx1.25) to 114x5 (12mmx1.5) Lowering the stud/bolt size down to 12mm gives enough clearance to allow you to run a 114x5 lug pattern.
Vargas Turbochargers

I think the website has a typo in the description bc it says they’re 12mm.x1.25… but I’m positive theyre 12mmx1.5
Sponsored