Wondering which downpipe should I go for...

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
yeah.. emission asside, there is not a single downpipe out there that can guarantee no CEL?
Active Autowerke and I think CG Precision guarantee no CEL. I have Active Autowerke and no issues, no smell, no CEL. I am not an expert but it is a function of what kind of cat is being used. The 400 cell GESi cat in the AA seems not to throw a CEL, but the 200 cell ones, which I think is more common and cheaper, can cause a CEL.
Sponsored

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Active Autowerke and I think CG Precision guarantee no CEL. I have Active Autowerke and no issues, no smell, no CEL. I am not an expert but it is a function of what kind of cat is being used. The 400 cell GESi cat in the AA seems not to throw a CEL, but the 200 cell ones, which I think is more common and cheaper, can cause a CEL.
+1

OP
OP
Dzzz

Dzzz

First Name
Dyln
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 GR Supra 3.0T
I see...was considering getting a 200 cell Downpipe lol, guess not if it throws CEL.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I had a Armytrix catless Downpipe and I did not get a light for 5,000 miles then I tuned. Never got it once. I got the tune cause I chose too.
How do they pull off a catless downpipe and not pop a CEL?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
How do they pull off a catless downpipe and not pop a CEL?
they probably used an O2 sensor, not a great way to do it in my opinion as you are feeding the ECU false information.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Can you enlighten me as to why that's not a good way to do it?
the spacer tricks the O2 sensor to read inaccurate value which is why the CEL light does not get triggered even though the cat has been removed

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
the spacer tricks the O2 sensor to read inaccurate value which is why the CEL light does not get triggered even though the cat has been removed
I get that, but why is it bad? Lots of people on here complain about a CEL and this is a solution to that problem.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
I get that, but why is it bad? Lots of people on here complain about a CEL and this is a solution to that problem.
its not a consistent solution. It may work on some cars and not work on others. Pretty much a band-aid that may or may not work.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
the CEL is not the only job for the sensor, the ECU uses the data it's getting from the different sensors to adjust fueling, boost, ignition, etc... giving the ECU wrong data on purpose is never a good idea as the ECU might make adjustments based on the flawed data it's getting. For example, running too lean.

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I ran it for about a couple thousand miles without tune and it was fine. Even when I had to sell my bm3 and go back to stock, I was fine for another couple thousand til ECUtek released
Sponsored