Wouldnt Rev after starting

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Lucky i didn't have tk do lemon law. Toyota pretty much took care of everything. As for buying another supra, im going to wait 2 more years so i can pay cash for one and hopefully they work all the bugs out or most of them.
Going to replace it with anything in the mean time?
Sponsored

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Going to replace it with anything in the mean time?
Unfortunately no. The supra was my weekend fun car only. I finally was able to afford a 3rd car but since all the trouble it was going through im deciding to just wait a few years and buy one in cash instead of making payments. Hoping the 2024 supra will be faster and more reliable computer components wise. Also hoping the vents become functional:)

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
Unfortunately no. The supra was my weekend fun car only. I finally was able to afford a 3rd car but since all the trouble it was going through im deciding to just wait a few years and buy one in cash instead of making payments. Hoping the 2024 supra will be faster and more reliable computer components wise. Also hoping the vents become functional:)
Itā€™ll be faster, for sure. More reliable? Probably not since itā€™s BMW based. I think you just had a lemon, mine has been flawless. If anything see what happens with the GRMN and see if youā€™re into it and if itā€™s in your budget. If you want something more reliable, Iā€™ve heard Porscheā€™s are pretty solidly designed.

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Lucky i didn't have tk do lemon law. Toyota pretty much took care of everything. As for buying another supra, im going to wait 2 more years so i can pay cash for one and hopefully they work all the bugs out or most of them.
Iā€™m glad everything worked out well for you.

I donā€™t blame you for wanting to take a break from the Supra for a while, but definitely donā€™t let it leave a sour taste in your mouth. Plenty of members here have zero to no issues with their cars. Lemons happen, someone in Austria probably wanted to leave work early when he put your car together lol.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
In 11 months and 10K miles, the only complaints I have with mine were design choices Toyota made and are mostly in the interior. Glad you got out of yours without losing in the deal, but I wouldn't take a single instance as indicative of the whole. Toyota (corporate at least) seems to be quite responsive and fair with MKV owners for the most part - too bad the dealership experience isn't nearly as straightforward. ;)

Now if they had better QC on the suspension side of things, fixed the audio, and figured out a way to include a bit of storage (useful storage that is), I'd be completely satisfied.

Oh yeah, and give me real vents or just omit them entirely... but considering they're on nearly everything Toyota makes... I definitely won't hold my breath on that.

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Glad to hear Toyota took care of you and hopefully you get back in another MKV soon. Funny thing about the fake vents, the GRMN Yaris that's a full Toyota build, still has fake vents on the front bumper lol Toyota has a weird fetish for fake vents, so I don't know about that 2024 model lol it'll definitely have the revised face lift by then for sure though.

pr0jekt_cha0s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Well, I have the exact same problem and only owned the car for two days. They didn't replicate the issue so they are going to keep it and see if it happens. What little time I've owned it this should happen pretty quick.

i did find a way to get out of this issue. Disable VSC and the car runs. That's how I got it to the dealer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I have the exact same problem and only owned the car for two days. They are trying to tell me it's the start/stop feature. They simply won't listen to what I'm telling them. I explain this happens during a cold start. They didn't replicate it so they are going to take it for a test drive. I keep telling them it's from a start. I can't even get out of my driveway to do anything.

i did find a way to get out of this issue. Disable VSC and the car runs. That's how I got it to the dealer.
I would just take videos of it happening and upload it onto youtube like i did. That way they can share that info with Toyota corporate. The tech that worked on my car was happy that i had videos because they have little experience on these cars since they are technically BMWs. It made his job very easy.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Well, I have the exact same problem and only owned the car for two days. They are trying to tell me it's the start/stop feature. They simply won't listen to what I'm telling them. I explain this happens during a cold start. They didn't replicate it so they are going to take it for a test drive. I keep telling them it's from a start. I can't even get out of my driveway to do anything.

It's a BMW cold start protection. They don't want you (edit: "people") revving like a dumbass right after you start it. So the engine protects itself. It's normal. Once it's warm, you can rev happily. Again, it's normal.

Last edited:

pr0jekt_cha0s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would just take videos of it happening and upload it onto youtube like i did. That way they can share that info with Toyota corporate. The tech that worked on my car was happy that i had videos because they have little experience on these cars since they are technically BMWs. It made his job very easy.
I'm going to do that, thanks for the suggestion. Did you talk to Toyota corporate directly?

pr0jekt_cha0s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's a BMW cold start protection. They don't want you revving like a dumbass right after you start it. So the engine protects itself. It's normal. Once it's warm, you can rev happily. Again, it's normal.
I appreciate that you think I'm a "dumbass" for trying to drive my new car. The nerve of me. I'm simply trying to back the car out of my driveway. Read the thread. My car simply stalls out applying the gas pedal at all.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I appreciate that you think I'm a "dumbass" for trying to drive my new car. The nerve of me. I'm simply trying to back the car out of my driveway. Read the thread. My car simply stalls out applying the gas pedal at all.
I didn't say you were lol. I was just talking about people in general. You know there's plenty that rev the crap out of a cold engine.
The car is new, the ECU is learning all the time. Fuel trims, idle parameters, etc. Start the car, let it idle for 30 seconds if it's a cold start, then move. Should be just fine.

pr0jekt_cha0s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I didn't say you were lol. I was just talking about people in general. You know there's plenty that rev the crap out of a cold engine.
The car is new, the ECU is learning all the time. Fuel trims, idle parameters, etc. Start the car, let it idle for 30 seconds if it's a cold start, then move. Should be just fine.
Unfortunately, I can let it sit for 10 mins and it won't move from its spot. Something is very wrong with it.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Lol 30 secs LOL. I dont know how many times i have to tell you that i waited over 30 secs ,1 min, 2 mins, 10 mins. The car wouldnt rev past 1000 rpms. I understand about the 30 sec engine protection because its a BMW but OUR SUPRAS ARE NOT PROGRAMED THAT WAY. Excuse me for yelling but you just don't get it. Once more if all the cars do it then its normal. Obviously only some cars are doing it and others are not. So plz if you dont have any relevant comments to post here to help people then dont post here at all. Rant over.
Sponsored