KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I feel they are just replacing different things until they find the issue. They are not 100 percent sure this is the problem. Toyota just suggested to change it out.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
There is an issue that may be a bug in the factory calibration where sometimes the car will rev and hang. And then it doesnt like to rev for a period of time unless you restart the car. I cannot see the video due to forum being in limited functionality today.

I would also need to honestly log the car to see what it is doing. The cars report a LOT more data than one might imagine. It could be something as simple as an early flash on the ecu hat has had bugs resolved, to possibly an electrical issue and the car is going into a safe mode.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
There is an issue that may be a bug in the factory calibration where sometimes the car will rev and hang. And then it doesnt like to rev for a period of time unless you restart the car. I cannot see the video due to forum being in limited functionality today.

I would also need to honestly log the car to see what it is doing. The cars report a LOT more data than one might imagine. It could be something as simple as an early flash on the ecu hat has had bugs resolved, to possibly an electrical issue and the car is going into a safe mode.
https://youtu.be/-lEC3d26beI
Check on my youtube channel and tell me what you think. Also toyota has had my car since Wednesday almost a week and they are ordering me a new engine control module. Basically a ECU? Anyways they were told by BMW to order it so lets hope that helps.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
Did they give you a loaner at least for while its in the shop?

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately no. Only loaner i would want would be another supra lol. The supra was just a weekend car anyways so i didnt need a loaner.

bonomo53

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I had something similar happen twice the past week. I was coming to a stop at the stop sign. When i went to pull away no power for 10-15 seconds then eventually got power and drove off but basically the same thing that happened in your video for a brief moment.

Take_my_money

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV, Taco TRD-OR
Vehicle Showcase
I had something similar happen twice the past week. I was coming to a stop at the stop sign. When i went to pull away no power for 10-15 seconds then eventually got power and drove off but basically the same thing that happened in your video for a brief moment.
What's the common thread... Is yours a 2021 as well?

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is a 2020 and as of right now its been in the shop for 1 week. They said they are trying to order a new ECU or main computer for the car from BMW but they have no idea when it will be available. I put a ticket into toyota customer service today and they will be calling me tomorrow.

bonomo53

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
What's the common thread... Is yours a 2021 as well?
2020 around 4k miles no issues until last week it happened twice. Both times the engine was cold. I posted it on a facebook group and it seems some other people are having the same issue but not as bad as the OP.

Take_my_money

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV, Taco TRD-OR
Vehicle Showcase
2020 around 4k miles no issues until last week it happened twice. Both times the engine was cold. I posted it on a facebook group and it seems some other people are having the same issue but not as bad as the OP.
Hmm, well I hate to hear that. I'm at 5.5k miles 2020, no issues so far. I hope you two find a route cause. I hope this issue isn't pervasive, and I'm certain Toyota/BMW does too.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
LoL just got a call from a toyota rep asking me to review the car. I told them this was a bad time but ok lets review it!

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Update:

So I reached out to toyota customer support about the issue and they called me back today. Also new ecu will be here tomorrow and put into the car on friday. The toyota rep. asked what my end goal was and basically to be fixed and to offer the extended warrenty at a discount price for peace pf mind. They cant promise anythong but will look into it after the car is fixed. I told them the car has been in service longer then ive owned it.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Update:

So I reached out to toyota customer support about the issue and they called me back today. Also new ecu will be here tomorrow and put into the car on friday. The toyota rep. asked what my end goal was and basically to be fixed and to offer the extended warrenty at a discount price for peace pf mind. They cant promise anythong but will look into it after the car is fixed. I told them the car has been in service longer then ive owned it.
You filled the entire tank with 91 after your first got it right? trying to remember the story
Sponsored