XHP transmission flash?

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Does anyone know if xHP would work on the Supra? Or is there a transmission tune available?
Sponsored

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
It does not yet. We are working with xHP on this though. just be patient. The TCM on the Supra is a new module, so a bit different than the others. But we have been in touch with them since before Supra release as we worked with them on BMW stuff.

So for now, we just do what we normally do and tune around the TCM requests.

Thatguyw_stat

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 650whp, GTR 1500whp, BMW X5 F15 Daily
Vehicle Showcase
Goodness I was about to open a thread on this Iā€™ve had to use pump / meth map since the kill map didnā€™t work well with the transmission

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Goodness I was about to open a thread on this Iā€™ve had to use pump / meth map since the kill map didnā€™t work well with the transmission

what torque level did you start having issues. weve been over 600tq for a while with no issues. What issues were you having?

Thatguyw_stat

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 650whp, GTR 1500whp, BMW X5 F15 Daily
Vehicle Showcase
what torque level did you start having issues. weve been over 600tq for a while with no issues. What issues were you having?
Under load I have drivetrain light come on and cuts torque on the bottom end once the RPMS are above torque cut it pulls hard.

would say around 575/600 uncorrected numbers

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
there's about 10 things it could be from your explanation. but having the code number would best serve knowing for sure. Do you have MHD?

EastCoastSupra

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Harley Lowrider S, 2016 Ducati Monster 1200R, 2018 Shelby Raptor, 2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition #1019
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on a trans tune. About to go big turbo but need a trans fix.

GhostLE

First Name
Mansoor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE, G63
Same here! Have been waiting for an update. Hopeful we hear something soon.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Any update on a trans tune. About to go big turbo but need a trans fix.
So go big turbo. Im big turbo without a trans flash. And no one is making the TQ i am on our car afaik. Whats your power goal?

Same here! Have been waiting for an update. Hopeful we hear something soon.
There is nothing to update as of like a week ago when i last spoke with the owner of XHP. Its on the table, but TCM has not been cracked yet.

No eta, which is normal for stuff llike this. As you can not actively gauge how long it will take to reverse engineer an ECU. But its on the table nontheless.

satindragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
So go big turbo. Im big turbo without a trans flash. And no one is making the TQ i am on our car afaik. Whats your power goal?

There is nothing to update as of like a week ago when i last spoke with the owner of XHP. Its on the table, but TCM has not been cracked yet.

No eta, which is normal for stuff llike this. As you can not actively gauge how long it will take to reverse engineer an ECU. But its on the table nontheless.
I hope they're able to do it soon. Also not sure who is working on cracking the newer DME revisions but hope they find an exploit soon. My Supra came with a version that doesn't currently work with any of thee flash tuners and I'd really like to be able to run a stage 2 tune

protuningfreaks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
protuningfreaks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.protuningfreaks.com
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra
We haven't seen a real need to change EGS (transmission) programming yet on the Supra. 7 of the top 10 quickest and fastest A90 Supras today, including the fastest 9sec car, are running custom bootmod3 tunes and pushing very hard with stock transmission programming still. Just our 2c :thumbsup:

satindragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
We haven't seen a real need to change EGS (transmission) programming yet on the Supra. 7 of the top 10 quickest and fastest A90 Supras today, including the fastest 9sec car, are running custom bootmod3 tunes and pushing very hard with stock transmission programming still. Just our 2c :thumbsup:
Any updates on BM3 over OBD2 for those of us stuck with the new DME?

protuningfreaks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
protuningfreaks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.protuningfreaks.com
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra
Any updates on BM3 over OBD2 for those of us stuck with the new DME?
Work in progress still on that one. In the meantime if interested you can always mail the DME to us. Takes 2secs to pull from the car and we do DHL Express next day shipping.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
For the most part, i agree, however. 6th gear as you know is the problem gear for the ZF8. If you raise the the rev limiter a couple hundred rpms. You can finish the 1/4 mile in 5th at 130+mph. No problem there. The issue where i have seen...and have actually proven with my car. 6th gear just cant hold the torque output. I can go 1-5th all day never slip. 6th slips 60% of the time. No limp. Just overpowering the trans.

At a minimum i feel an increase in clutch pressure is needed. And im not under reporting torque to the trans. 6th just cant take it. But im also putting out 720-760tq at the wheels.
Sponsored