BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage Concept

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
No there has not been any confirmation stating this new concept is related to the Toyota and BMW joint project car. It was just pure speculation on my part.

Here is the new concept vs the BMW Z sketch.

z5.PNG
Sponsored

JohnnyTX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GTS (05)
The guys over there are guessing it's between 3 cars -- the M2, M4 GTS or a hopped up i8. I can't see that steering wheel going into an M2 or M4, so it may be an i8S or maybe just maybe a concept based on the BMW-Toyota platform (fingers crossed!)

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
M2 would be no surprise at all. So the question is what car will be attached to that steering wheel... gotta be something on that new platform!

I'll be in monterey this year so I really hope it doesn't disappoint. :D

Scino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 WRX Limited, 2015 GLA250 AMG Sport
Reports are saying it will be a updated version of the 3.0 CSL Hommage Concept.

Rumor Mill: BMW’s Pebble Beach Debuts Could Be M4 GTS And Updated 3.0 CSL Hommage

BMW only said that it would debut two concept cars at the 2015 Monterey Car Week in California on August 13 without giving any details, but rumor has it one of them will be a thinly disguised production model.
M3 GTS, built in a limited run of 150 units.

According to a report from Autocar, the BMW M4 GTS pre-production study will take inspiration from the M4 MotoGP safety car.

It will feature only minor styling changes compared to the production model, which is expected to go on sale next summer. The BMW M4 GTS will use a water injection system which will allow the 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged straight six engine to produce 467hp compared to the standard M4’s 425hp. Furthermore, the BMW M4 GTS is likely to be significantly lighter than the standard M4’s 1,572 kg (3,465 lbs).

As for the second concept car to be unveiled at Pebble Beach, it is believed to be an updated version of the 3.0 CSL Hommage study (pictured), first shown at this year’s Concorso d’Eleganza Villa D’Este. It remains to be seen whether BMW has serious plans with the 3.0 CSL Hommage as a limited-run model.
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/07/rumor-mill-bmws-pebble-beach-debuts-are.html

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Same steering wheel as the 3.0 CSL Hommage concept.

attachment.jpg

BMW-3-0-CSL-Hommage-26.jpg

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
When I first saw the 3.0 Hommage concept it did resemble a lot of proportions that the FT-1 has. It would be nice if they actually decide to make this a production version of the Toyota/BMW project. Though based on previous rumors it will most likely be a Z4/Z5 that comes out of this but who's not to say they might take most of the Hommage concept styling cues for it.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
i think the 3.0 CSL Hommage concept is M4 based and has nothing to do with the Toyota/BMW car.

m43-0-png.png

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
That hommage thing isn't that bad if you take away the ghastly grilles.

TorqueRules

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus
That hommage thing isn't that bad if you take away the ghastly grilles.
I like the throwback vertical grilles but it only looks right on classic BMWs and not on something so modern. Bummer then that BMW won't be showing whatever their version of the supra is.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
New info on Bimmerpost says it's the M4 GTS and updated Hommage Concept. So not anything having to do with the Supra :(

323 Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ducati
New info on Bimmerpost says it's the M4 GTS and updated Hommage Concept. So not anything having to do with the Supra :(
My guess is still that we'll see something at the Tokyo auto show in Oct. The show only takes place every 2 years so this year's show would be a great way for Toyota to catch some big attention with the next Supra concept.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Dammit turned out to be a suped up version of the M4 (M4 GTS) and a heritage race car concept (3.0 CSL Hommage). :banghead::rant:

Nothing FT-1 Supra related...

P90193993_highRes.jpg

P90193878_highRes.jpg