“What’s the deal with all the 370 Z’s flex’n on me!”

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
I’m in my car with my 15 year old daughter and in the course of our drive we saw three 370’s. Each time they saw us or got near they revved their engines with their fart can exhausts. My daughter asked ”why are they ‘flex’n on you’? I laughed and said something of the effect about them having inferiority complexes.

im sure I can be the only one seeing this.
what have y’all experience?
Sponsored

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2023 F150 Tremor
I don’t associate myself with people who have no front bumpers.
On the street, I hear you. On the track (drifting), the purpose for removing the bumper(s) is so 1) you don’t rip it off if you end up backwards off track and catch it on something, and 2) the tow vehicle doesn’t rip it off if you need help getting back on track.

I always commuted with my bumper on and just pulled it off at the track.

I love a “clean” build as much as the next person, but in my experience with my former Z, I’ve come to really appreciate drift and track scenes (+builds) where you know the car is driven hard and pushed to (and beyond) its limits - looks be damned.

I have an affinity for the Z platform, but I’m under no illusion about what vehicle is faster. Those that rev at you are either a) trolling you to see if they’ll get you worked up, or b) genuinely ignorant of their “weight class” in the scene. (I’ve got lots of Genesis Coupes in my area that fall into category b.)

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
There are a lot of 350 and 370Z's in my area and almost without fail they will get on it when I'm out in the Supra. The only other vehicle I've noticed that does the same thing are the Infiniti G35 and G37's. Of course I keep my hands at 10 and 2, looking straight ahead, and maintain a safe speed, completely aware of my surroundings.

Funny story, but there's also this beautiful blue Subaru WRX STI that lives out by me (and the end of a very long very fast road). Every time I see him out we both get on it, and every time, he absolutely walks away from me. ? Nice dude, always thumbs-up in both directions, but haven't stopped and chatted yet. Hopefully the JB4 that will be delivered today will help me pull a bit closer during our next encounter...

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I don't know if it's the color or what, but I almost never have anyone revving on me with the MKV. When I had the RC-F, I had every Mustang GT in the valley wanting to race... which confused me because I always thought "We've got the exact same car - mine's just the Japanese version."

The only time it happens now is when I'm in traffic next to a Hellcat... those guys are always ready. Of course, they're also always disappointed as I never take the bait. I've noticed that most Mustang and Camaro drivers will actually drop back when I come up on them... almost as if it's an unspoken concession or something. ;)

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Lots of people think JDM cars (I know ours technically isn't) are always down to street race. Happened with my G35, STI, 370z, etc and now with the Supra.

Surprisingly, when I had my BMW m4 before the Supra, I would never get revved at. Not entirely positive why that is. Maybe the BMW emblem makes people think its a more mature driver? No clue.

87gpe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Bronco, Tahoe
When I first got my Supra I was driving home through a rougher part of town.

A 370z pulled out in front of me headed the opposite direction. They had no doors on this car. They flipped me off and yelled fuck you at me. Couldn’t help but laugh.
Sponsored