Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
50463570772_1162d61f8e_b.jpg

Introducing APEX Forged & Flow Formed Track Wheels
Engineered Specifically for Your GR Supra

Since 2007, our mission at APEX is to produce lightweight wheels with extreme durability and unprecedented value for the performance driving community. Combining proven Motorsport design features, vehicle specific optimizations, and advanced flow-forming and forging technology, we engineer wheels that meet and exceed the diverse needs of weekend track warriors and competitive club racers. Our wheels have seen everything from the treacherous switchbacks at Pikes Peak International Hill Climb to the grueling NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill, and everything in between.

We are very excited to officially announce our GR Supra wheel program, and we're kicking things off with three popular wheel designs; our Forged Sprint Line EC-7RS and VS-5RS alongside the Flow Formed SM-10s. By leveraging both manufacturing techniques, we have the unique ability to provide wheels that meet every driver's personal performance and budgetary needs.

Forged EC-7RS & VS-5RS
Click to Learn More

51652885524_fb47b4a8f6_h.jpg

When you need to drive 10/10ths without hesitation, APEX forged wheels deliver! We leveraged the knowledge gained from 14+ years of producing flow formed wheels for Motorsport use, and developed a forged program that goes beyond fancy marketing. Our Sprint Line forged wheels are lighter and faster than any wheels we’ve ever made, with wider fitments, deeper concavity, massive brake clearance, and a rugged Sprint™ spec inner lip. These wheels take advantage of our Motorsport Blanks which gave our in-house engineers the opportunity to shave material and optimize spoke profiles to unlock your fastest laptime.

EC-7R Fitments:

FitmentFinishWeightPrice
18x11 ET40​
Satin Bronze​
~19.8 lbs​
$679.00​

VS-5RS Fitments:

FitmentFinishWeightPrice
19x9.5 ET25​
Anthracite​
19.8 lbs​
$779.00​
19x9.5 ET25​
Brushed Clear​
19.8 lbs​
$819.00​
19x9.5 ET25​
Satin Bronze​
19.8 lbs​
$779.00​
19x11 ET40​
Anthracite​
20.2 lbs​
$809.00​
19x11 ET40​
Brushed Clear​
20.2 lbs​
$849.00​
19x11 ET40​
Satin Bronze​
20.2 lbs​
$809.00​

APEX Sprint Line Features:
Fully Forged 6061-T6 Aluminum​
10k Tons of Pressure​
Stronger Sprint™ spec inner lip​
Massive Brake Clearance​
Unpainted Knurled Bead Seats​
Side-milled Spokes for Reduced Weight​
Clearance for Impact Sockets​
Reinforced Inner Lip​
Supra-specific Center Bore and Bolt Pattern​
OE Center Cap Compatibility​

Flow Formed SM-10
Click to Learn More

51171173771_f94ac723ce_b.jpg

Our most advanced Flow Formed wheel to date. As part of our Evolution line of wheels, the SM-10 represents a significant step up from our prior flow formed designs with improved brake clearance and more advanced machining employed for further weight reduction. Flow forming enables us to create high performance wheels without the price premium of forging. It improves the mechanical properties and grain structure of the barrel, increasing its strength and stiffness, which allows us to use less material and reduce weight. From the weekend track warrior needing multiple sets of wheels to the everyday driver looking for the perfect functional aesthetic, our SM-10s have you covered.

SM-10 Fitments:

FitmentFinishWeightPrice
18x10" ET30​
Anthracite​
~20.8 lbs​
$444.00​
18x10" ET30​
Satin Bronze​
~20.8 lbs​
$444.00​
18x11" ET40​
Anthracite​
~21.6 lbs​
$484.00​
18x11" ET40​
Satin Bronze​
~21.6 lbs​
$484.00​
19x9.5" ET25​
Anthracite​
~22.6 lbs​
$474.00​
19x9.5" ET25​
Satin Bronze​
~22.6 lbs​
$474.00​
19x11" ET40​
Anthracite​
~24.8 lbs​
$514.00​
19x11" ET40​
Satin Bronze​
~24.8 lbs​
$514.00​

Flow Formed SM-10 Features:
1600 lb/wheel load rating​
Massive Brake Clearance​
Knurled Bead Seats​
Machined I-Beam Spokes for Weight Reduction​
Clearance for Impact Sockets​
Reinforced Inner Lip​
Supra-specific Center Bore and Bolt Pattern​
OE Center Cap Compatibility​

The APEX Advantage

APEX wheels have always been developed with function and performance in mind, and with a specific focus on solving problems that drivers encounter when pushing their cars to the limits. From 3D laser scanning OE and aftermarket big brake kits and suspension to exhaustive on-car fitment testing, APEX works to provide drivers with chassis-specific fitment options tailored not just to their car, but to the modifications and tire compounds they run as well. This project was no exception.

49700753958_9e06240414_w.jpg
49701290611_48e08f1497_w.jpg

Unmatched Support

Lifetime Structural Warranty
In the wheel industry it is easy to talk about making strong and lightweight wheels, but standing behind them is another matter entirely. All of our wheels come with a lifetime structural warranty and 1 year finish warranty, so you can be confident in your purchase.

50% Replacement Program
Let’s face it: Whether you are a weekend warrior practicing at the track, or a club racer pushing the limit for a podium finish, mistakes happen and even the best of parts can be damaged along the way. We are not really a performance company if we sell wheels in a way that penalizes the pursuit of driving at the limit. For this reason, we stepped up and created a program to significantly reduce the costs of properly maintaining a set of wheels by making replacements extremely affordable. Our unique APEX Wheel Replacement Program offers eligible customers replacement wheels at 50% off our standard prices.

Fitment Education
Do the number of wheel and tire fitment options mentioned by online armchair experts have your head spinning? Dive into our GR Supra Wheel and Tire Fitment Guide to take the guesswork out the equation. We've mapped out proven square and staggered wheel fitment recipes for all types of enthusiasts, and accompanied them with a list of notable tire options appropriate for the intended use as well. If you still have lingering questions, reach out to an APEX Product Expert by sending us a PM or posting below.

Order Now

Questions?
Call: 925-245-0773
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.apexraceparts.com
Hours: M-F 9a-5p PST​
Sponsored

Last edited:

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Welcome! As you’re thinking about production plans, bear in mind most members here have the 3.0 which comes with 19” wheels stock. You’ll probably have better uptake on wheels that allow the customer at least the option of reusing their stock 19” Michelins. Most people seem to prefer the look of the 19s over the 18s, even if the 18 has more tire options and could be better for track use. That’s a roundabout way of saying 19s will probably sell better than 18s for the Supra.

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Welcome! As you’re thinking about production plans, bear in mind most members here have the 3.0 which comes with 19” wheels stock. You’ll probably have better uptake on wheels that allow the customer at least the option of reusing their stock 19” Michelins. Most people seem to prefer the look of the 19s over the 18s, even if the 18 has more tire options and could be better for track use. That’s a roundabout way of saying 19s will probably sell better than 18s for the Supra.
Thanks for the Input! 19s and 18s are both going to be options for the group buy on the SM-10 side of things and we will be bringing over roughly even amounts of wheels initially, but the reorder quantities will certainly be based on demand. Part of the benefit of the group buy is that it allows us to judge what demand for various sizes and fitments looks like and often helps shape the initial reorder of units on our end before the deal finalizes. I suspect that 19s will be more in demand on the flow formed side as you said, but would be pleasantly surprised to see significant orders for 18s as well if people decide to go for a lighter setup with more affordable tires. We definitely want to provide options to both OEM + oriented 19" customers and those who are looking for an affordable 18" setup with both square and staggered options.

Will the 19" SM-10's work with the stock lug bolts?
All of our wheels are compatible with the OE lug bolts. Certain setups like our forged EC-7Rs may require front spacers if you are running OE or similar suspension instead of coilovers. If a spacer is required then you will need longer hardware to accommodate that change.

All of our SM-10s are designed to be run without spacers. Your OE lug bolts and OE TPMS sensors will be a direct fit.

-Tom

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2005 Z4
I completely understand production delays and want some 18" SM-10's, but I'll be waiting till I can get them in a silver finish.

I was browsing Apex yesterday and comparing fitments available for other BMW's and couldn't understand why Apex had such a limited variety available for Supra, since some of the M2/3/4 wheels looked like they should fit, until I realized the Supra is using a different bolt pattern than literally every BMW in the last 20 years....

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
I completely understand production delays and want some 18" SM-10's, but I'll be waiting till I can get them in a silver finish.

I was browsing Apex yesterday and comparing fitments available for other BMW's and couldn't understand why Apex had such a limited variety available for Supra, since some of the M2/3/4 wheels looked like they should fit, until I realized the Supra is using a different bolt pattern than literally every BMW in the last 20 years....
Thanks for the consideration! Satin Black is definitely next on the list in terms of finishes at the moment, but we may produce silver in the future.

I wish these cars were 5x120 with the 72.56 CB.... BMW moved to 5x112 66.6mm with the G chassis cars and took the Supra along for the ride. :rolleyes:

-Tom

PalmettoPrecision

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Absolute Zero
Kind of a technical question:

I’ll put it as simply as possible- comparing the EC-7R to the SM-10 how much more of the wheel weight/mass is biased past the center disc for the flow formed option? To clarify, how “outer edge” heavy is the SM-10 compared to the 7R? Could just be a weight distribution figure or percentage if you were to balance each barrel on the vertical plane where hub meets disc.

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Kind of a technical question:

I’ll put it as simply as possible- comparing the EC-7R to the SM-10 how much more of the wheel weight/mass is biased past the center disc for the flow formed option? To clarify, how “outer edge” heavy is the SM-10 compared to the 7R? Could just be a weight distribution figure or percentage if you were to balance each barrel on the vertical plane where hub meets disc.
Thanks for the question! Unfortunately, I don't have a set single answer for you as there are a few variables and things to clarify here.

• We make a single EC-7R Supra wheel with the following dimensions: 18x10.5 ET38. Our Supra SM-10s come in the following sizes: 18x10 ET30, 18x11 ET40, 19x9.5 ET25, and 19x11 ET40. I think you are trying to determine the material and machining differences between our Flow Formed SM-10s and the Forged EC-7Rs, but if that is the case the best way to determine that would be to compare wheels of the exact same diameter, width, and offset. Unfortunately, we can't do that with our current wheel catalog. Our 19x9.5 ET25 SM-10 will likely have a different weight percentage on the outside edge of the wheel when compared our 19x11 ET40 SM-10 even though they are the same wheel design.
    • If you are measuring from where the backpad of the wheel meets the hub as shown below by the blue line, the offset and width of the wheel will heavily affect the outcome of any percentage measurement/comparison between the two designs and manufacturing methods if they are not the same diameter, size, and offset.
243D2019-084E-4D26-B25F-C65DA46376DC_1_201_a.jpeg

• We could calculate the percentage weight "right of the blue line" on the diagram above for all 4 SM-10 options, average them and compare that to the same calculation for the single EC-7R wheel, but this is still an apples to oranges comparison and doesn't take into account the other factors I mentioned. I also would need to check and see whether we can share the info publicly before committing to that.​
  • Lastly, I would like to ask why you are curious about these weight percentages. Depending on what you are looking for there may be a simpler way to answer the question that I may be missing or hadn't considered rather than bringing our engineering team in to get these calculations.​
I hope this makes sense, but I'm happy to clarify further if it doesn't. To briefly summarize, the weight percentage is going to be quite size dependant. I can probably provide an answer if I know which specific wheels we are dealing with, but the answer wouldn't apply to the EC-7R or SM-10 wheel designs broadly, rather it would apply to those specific Supra sizes or the average of the SM-10s.

-Tom

Last edited:

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
Any chance the SM-10 will get a satin black production run for the next batch?

Cheers!
Sponsored