► Official APEX Wheels Showroom Gallery Thread

Cherry

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Gonna get some better pics on the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend. The stretch on the OEM tire size is very minimal.

IMG_0390.jpeg
Sponsored

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
I ordered some 18” sm-10’s. Going with that fatty-fat tire look I like so much.
Shipped and should be here next week along with the tires.

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
I ordered some 18” sm-10’s. Going with that fatty-fat tire look I like so much.
Shipped and should be here next week along with the tires.
We've noted an issue with our 18x10 ET30s and inner clearance with 275/40-18 tires in aggressive compounds that run wide. Working on a resolution now with @gcmak but as a heads up, 275/40-18 Goodyear supercar 3s or other wide/tall tires will likely touch your front struts around the rubber isolator and metal tab beneath if you are on OE suspension. Shorter 275/35-18 tires have good inner clearance from what we've seen (thanks @Evolution, tested with Falken RT615k) and a narrower 275/40-18 would likely clear, but spacers or a shorter tire may be needed up front to prevent rubbing.

We've got more test fits scheduled to get more data points and will update when we have more info, but I wanted to get a heads up out to you before the weekend.

-Tom

Blindspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Here's my '21 on a set of 18 x 10.5" ET38 Apex EC-7Rs in satin gold and 275/40 A052s. I need more sidewall in my life, and I think the meaty tires are going to look amazing with the EVS fenders that might show up one day. Also installed the Öhlins Road & Track suspension, but waiting for a few more days on an alignment. It's currently at the recommended height and I suspect there'd be some rubbing up front if it went any lower.

IMG_1392.jpeg

Order 11117 -5.jpeg

IMG_1398.jpeg

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What about 265/40 18’s. They are 26.3” diameter

will these be an issue. They are conti extreme contact sports

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Here's my '21 on a set of 18 x 10.5" ET38 Apex EC-7Rs in satin gold and 275/40 A052s. I need more sidewall in my life, and I think the meaty tires are going to look amazing with the EVS fenders that might show up one day. Also installed the Öhlins Road & Track suspension, but waiting for a few more days on an alignment. It's currently at the recommended height and I suspect there'd be some rubbing up front if it went any lower.

IMG_1392.jpeg

Order 11117 -5.jpeg

IMG_1398.jpeg
Looking good on the gold! Are you running any front spacers with the 18x10.5 ET38 or did the Ohlins increase inner clearance up front enough to let you run without them?

What about 265/40 18’s. They are 26.3” diameter

will these be an issue. They are conti extreme contact sports
Those Contis actually run quite wide for a 265. They are listed as 11.2"s wide for section width with a tread width of 9.4"s. The 275/40 Goodyears that rub don't list a section width, but their tread width matches the Contis at 9.4"s. Yokohama AO52s in a 275/40-18 clear the struts from what we've seen, but they have a narrower section width than the Contis at 11"s even. Their tread width is wider at 9.8"s.

Correction: The A052s do not in fact clear the OE front struts with a 275/40-18 tire size on these wheels without a 5mm spacer. Confirmed via retest.

The 265s are a bit shorter in terms of diameter but not by a ton. Overall I would expect the clearance to be quite tight or some rubbing around the front struts without any other changes with your planned setup. Front spacers or a shorter tire would help prevent that rubbing.

-Tom

Last edited:

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What spacer size up front would clear in case of the Goodyear’s?

and where was the tire being hit, the side the treads?

also the A052’s you mention are almost 1/2” (.4”) wider at the tread but only .1” narrower for section width on the inside of the wheel, and taller by .4” than the 265. How are they not hitting but the 265’s might be an issue? Does that .1”section width on the inside make that much difference?

Last edited:
OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
What spacer size up front would clear in case of the Goodyear’s?

and where was the tire being hit, the side the treads?

also the A052’s you mention are almost 1/2” (.4”) wider at the tread but only .1” narrower for section width on the inside of the wheel, and taller by .4” than the 265. How are they not hitting but the 265’s might be an issue? Does that .1”section width on the inside make that much difference?
Not sure yet on the spacer size for the Goodyears. It looks like a 5mm would be enough with the rubber perch isolator out of the way, but we need to test it to confirm that.

Photos on the thread here: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/►-...els-for-your-gr-supra.8329/page-2#post-156530

The additional section width will come into play. Honestly, we were surprised by the lack of clearance with the Goodyears as well as their tread width is much narrower than the A052s, but the rubbing issue remains. I wish I had more concrete info and I believe you could make it work with the 265/40-18s, but I couldn't guarantee bolt-on clearance at this point. The Goodyear may just have incredibly wide section widths, but they don't list any measurements for it on their website or tire rack.

We have a test fit happening at Sonoma this weekend on another car with OE suspension and the A052s to make sure there aren't variances in the strut side clearances from car to car. I'm signing off until Monday, but will have more news next week.

-Tom

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok, thanks getting a bit nervous now. I put my hand behind the OEM tire and the felt to be just over a 1/4” (maybe a bit more, hard to tell) of clearance between the tire and the rubber on the spring perch. The SM-10 wheels are 1” wider, so 1/2” wider on each side. The OEM front tire section width is 10.2”. The tire I’m looking at is a conti 265/40R18’s which have an 11.2” section width, so 1” wider total width, 1/2” on each side of the tire!

it would seem that if I currently only have about 1/4” now it would appear there is going to be contact. The thing is if I add a 5mm spacer will the tire stick out past the fender? I HATE that look. I don’t want to use a 265/35 because my gap will increase around 3/8” (the tire is .7” smaller diameter than OEM), and I don’t want to use a 255/40 due to the possibility of the stretched look and it’s the same with what I have now, not to mention the rear to front tread width ratio would be a difference of 40mm, and I’m concerned about understeer.

I don’t want to use 275/40’s because, frankly it’s kinda obvious the front sidewall is tall than the rear in pictures, and it kinda looks off to me.

anybody have any thoughts or pictures of an 18x10 with a 5 mm spacer?

Last edited:

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you very much, do you have any negative camber dialed in or is it on the OEM alignment? This doesn’t look as bad as I thought it would. Also not to bother you, but do you have a picture with the wheel straight and maybe from above or anything similar like that, thanks!

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nibble,

I would be interested to hear how much room the 5mm gave you clear after installing them. Based on Tirerack.com, your tire had a section width of 11.6”, and your overall diameter is 26.0”.

here’s a photo I took earlier of the OEM clearance, it may be closer to 1/2”, hard to tell.

7353B462-F3F0-424F-8E95-737CCB68D436.png

Last edited:

Blindspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Looking good on the gold! Are you running any front spacers with the 18x10.5 ET38 or did the Ohlins increase inner clearance up front enough to let you run without them?
-Tom
Oh yeah, forgot to mention those. The wheels don't clear the stock suspension (which I knew) but they do work with the Öhlins without spacers. The car is using 13mm spacers up front and 15mm for the rear and it's filled out nicely. Gonna be chunky with those fenders. Pre-alignment

Order 11117 -9.JPG