15% tint too dark at night?

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R. e46
35% all around, 70% windshield, california. dark enough at light to not be seen in the car but still can see perfectly day or night. goes without saying, if you cant see IN you cant see out lol.
Sponsored

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I did not tint this car because it is kind of hard to see out of as it is :)

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
When i bought mine from Houston the PO had insanely dark tint on it. I couldn't see out at night at all. looked cool but no way i could drive with it.
1704309512428.png

One of the first things I did was 35% front and rear and 70% windshield. its not a issue now. obviously not as dark and "cool looking" but I'm good trading that off for not hitting something or rolling my windows down to do anything like i was those few days before i changed it.

1704309787688.png

MidnightJZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra
Running 5% all around besides 15% front windshield. Have had no issues at all - only would roll down windows on roads Iā€™m unsure of with no lighting.

khousekeyz

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GenCoupe2.0T, Impreza 2.5i, Ninja250r
Running 5% all around besides 15% front windshield. Have had no issues at all - only would roll down windows on roads Iā€™m unsure of with no lighting.
Very true to your username haha

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
I have 15% all around, except windshield is not tinted. I love it, and I can't see shit! I probably already ran over a few neighbors navigating my neighborhood. But fuck em, they are annoying and nosey.

But seriously, haha it's not that bad. I do have to be very cautious turning at night and in low-light areas. I have had to roll down my window backing out of garage and driveway. It doesn't bother me however, and the look is worth it to me. I can't stand being in a fish bowl, and having people stare at me at lights etc. That tint level is illegal in California and in most states. When I lived in California, I never got pulled over for it though. You just gotta know when to roll em down and be aware of police.

dBunny

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I have 15% carbon tint all around except for windshield. No tint for windshield. It is dark and can't see shit at night. But during the day, it is fine. I like it especially for privacy from people peeping through.

I highly recommend ceramic tint instead of carbon tint.

Only time I have to roll down the windows was during night time in unfamiliar places or making a turn where I can't see anything.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I have 20% on mine and find it too dark at night. Would probably go 30% if I had to do it again.

87CA34F8-46AF-4EFB-8E94-8E12D2C9F9E7_1_105_c.jpeg

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
I went 20% sides/rear and 70% windshield. I was concerned it would be too dark (the tint shop of course was recommending 15%) but overall I really haven't felt the need to roll my windows down though there are some times I've been close. Everyone is going to feel differently which I'm sure you're getting from the thread responses. I'm very happy with how 20% looks.

Ultimately you just need to weigh the tradeoffs - occasional nighttime visibility challenges versus having more "see-through" windows.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I went 20% sides/rear and 70% windshield. I was concerned it would be too dark (the tint shop of course was recommending 15%) but overall I really haven't felt the need to roll my windows down though there are some times I've been close. Everyone is going to feel differently which I'm sure you're getting from the thread responses. I'm very happy with how 20% looks.

Ultimately you just need to weigh the tradeoffs - occasional nighttime visibility challenges versus having more "see-through" windows.
Even though I'd probably go 30% if I did it again, I pretty much land where you are. Zero issues during the day, looks great, and still isn't that big of an issue at night.

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
I went 5 percent on my windows, none on the windshield.

and Iā€™ll be honest, parking at night is only possible if my windows are down. But driving at night is easy, as youā€™re looking straight 90 percent of the time, so since my windshield isnā€™t tinted, itā€™s rather easy lmao.

Eddy90

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
30% Front and 15% elsewhere.

The front visibility is excellent imo even at night. However, the visibility from the sides is poor and imo is too dark for driving thru a city with lots of curbs / narrow / crowded streets at night.

It's fine for where I live and I wouldn't change it.

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
I like tint and it without question looks better esp on a car like the supra. That said I dont mind the light in a dark cabin and with cops they way they are, I kind of want them to see Iā€™m an old white guy. Vastly improves my chances of being allowed to speed along my way without being hassled.

kern417

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 440i
It's funny because I've always said it's not that bad, but a few weeks ago I was like why can't I see anything. And then I realized the one streetlight at the end of my driveway had burned out. My reverse camera worked great but the mirrors are useless if there's no lighting around. Also have to make sure you double/triple check for motorcycles or people with a headlight out at night.
Sponsored