1994 Toyota Supra Blacklisted by NHTSA (Proof?)

Hayze

First Name
Hayze
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1994 Toyota Supra
So I recently found a video on youtube of somebody talking about toyota supra's being banned by the NHTSA. (Rumor has it)
Which made me start to do some googling and research.

Googled --- Why is Toyota Supra banned in US

Results came up

The illegal Supra
The 1994 Toyota Supra model was banned by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration because of serious long-term reliability issues. It would be extremely hard to find this model anywhere in the US; you can't import it either because it has still been blacklisted by the NHTSA.

Can anybody find a public document by the NHTSA that states these specific cars are blacklisted and banned by them?
I assume if its blacklisted and banned, that the following cars can no longer be driven on the roads.

I like to take mine out for a stroll on sunny days. I dont want to suffer with the possibility of highway patrol pulling me over and calling a tow truck before they get out of their crown vic.
Sponsored

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
Iā€™m not sure this information is accurate, but I also havenā€™t done any research into it. There is a JDM Importer not far from my home and they have two 94 Supras on their lot. Iā€™m assuming if they were ā€œillegalā€ they wouldnā€™t have spent a hefty amount of coin bringing them into the US.
888E263E-6752-4779-92C9-5FD40B5AE35C.jpeg
3AD18068-A2A6-46BD-9283-8A88CD9DD584.jpeg

SupraMK86

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 3.0 Premium
What does this have to do with 5th gen BMW Supras?

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Never heard of the Supraā€™s being illegal. But have heard of older GTRs being illegal in the US
Sponsored