What will the FT-1 be called? Supra trademark revived by Toyota!

Should Toyota used the Supra nameplate in any form?

• Yes

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Maybe, it would depend on other factors

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Just for fun I sent Toyota USA an email. Not anything useful, but at least they acknowledge its existence.

Me:
Hello, I was wondering if Toyota USA can comment any farther on the midsize sports in development with BMW. What will it be called; a release date? Any information would be great. Thank you.

Toyota USA:
Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We apreciate your interest in the Toyota-BMW collaboration sports car developement.

We apologize as information on the Toyota-BMW vehicle is currently unavailable. Toyota will release information such as styling, specifications, features and options closer to the launch date. We currently do not have a tentative release date.

We certainly appreciate your inquiry and interest. You can sign up for the latest updates with our RSS Feed and/or receive email alerts when new information is posted in the Toyota USA Newsroom.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Shannon E.
Toyota Customer Experience Center
Sponsored

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
^I'm surprised they said that much. Their usual reply is "we do not comment on future products".

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
New vehicles will not file a trademark name until close to release as to prevent any information leak.
So it's one of three things: an existing name not yet used as you have supplied, a current model but with a suffix "Mark II" or an entirely new name we do not know of yet.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-s...supra-coupe-j29-spy-photos-specs-news-prices/

New Toyota Supra: what will it be called?

Most people are calling Toyotaā€™s next car the Supra, and itā€™s easy to see why. Itā€™s one of the most impressive names in the car world, and the Supra badge holds both history and prestige for Toyota ā€“ but it could be called something else.

The Toyota Yaris GRMN is the first car to be sold in Europe under Gazoo Racing banner, and itā€™s possible the new Toyota Supra will also be fettled heavily by the Japanese firmā€™s motorsport brand.

However, the next Toyota Supra could also be referred to as the Toyota GT-One ā€“ and thatā€™d also make sense based on the brandā€™s history. The Toyota GT86 was originally called the FT-86 Concept, and with an FT-1 Concept ā€“ widely regarded to be the design bedrock for the next Supra ā€“ already shown to the public, itā€™s possible the next Toyota supercar will be called the GT-1.

If youā€™re a fan of Le Mans or enduracing racing, youā€™ll know the ā€˜GT-Oneā€™ was one of the most iconic racing cars ever made by Toyota, and the GT-1 name would be a fitting tribute to the brandā€™s motorsport history.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
However, the next Toyota Supra could also be referred to as the Toyota GT-One ā€“ and thatā€™d also make sense based on the brandā€™s history. The Toyota GT86 was originally called the FT-86 Concept, and with an FT-1 Concept ā€“ widely regarded to be the design bedrock for the next Supra ā€“ already shown to the public, itā€™s possible the next Toyota supercar will be called the GT-1.

If youā€™re a fan of Le Mans or enduracing racing, youā€™ll know the ā€˜GT-Oneā€™ was one of the most iconic racing cars ever made by Toyota, and the GT-1 name would be a fitting tribute to the brandā€™s motorsport history.
https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-s...supra-coupe-j29-spy-photos-specs-news-prices/

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ I agree to a certain degree. There was never a production GT-One for the public to experience like there was with the Supra. I think the key question still is: is this car worthy of a Supra badge? Whatever its called, it should NOT be a mediocre car or name.

Status
Not open for further replies.