2.0 Supra Swap wheels to 3.0

Mohalmukh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5
Greetings,

I am an owner of a 2.0 supra 2021 and I would like change my rims to the 3.0 ones.

Please help if I could swap and would fit great?
Sponsored

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
I remember asking about switching to 19" some months ago and someone advised just to make sure there would be no issues because of the smaller brakes.
Since it was hard for me to find a shop that would guarantee fitment when purchasing a bigger wheel, I opted for another set of 18".
Just passing the info along. I guess that's the only thing you should get confirmation on before pulling the trigger, otherwise I don't see why not.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
I remember asking about switching to 19" some months ago and someone advised just to make sure there would be no issues because of the smaller brakes.
Since it was hard for me to find a shop that would guarantee fitment when purchasing a bigger wheel, I opted for another set of 18".
Just passing the info along. I guess that's the only thing you should get confirmation on before pulling the trigger, otherwise I don't see why not.
Generally it's the other way around. When you have big brakes you have to confirm caliper clearance with offset, and concave. With smaller brakes OP shouldn't have an issue unless there is something about the shape of the 2.0 front calipers I'm missing.

This is pretty common practice in the bmw world. Get a 3 series, slap M3 wheels on it.

gcon22

First Name
Ly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cressida
How much of a liability is it to use 2.0 wheels on a 3.0? I know the wheel/tire widths were determined for specific power outputs, but just curious.

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How much of a liability is it to use 2.0 wheels on a 3.0? I know the wheel/tire widths were determined for specific power outputs, but just curious.
I'd imagine you'd just need to clear the caliper on the bigger 3.0 brakes. Probably the biggest liability. People run 18's and even 17's on their 3.0's no problem so i'm sure you'll be ok.

gcon22

First Name
Ly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cressida
I'd imagine you'd just need to clear the caliper on the bigger 3.0 brakes. Probably the biggest liability. People run 18's and even 17's on their 3.0's no problem so i'm sure you'll be ok.
Thanks. I think people usually run at least stock width or wider. In this case, we're going narrower with the oem 2.0 wheels. Potentially less grip, but will this be much of an issue? Can anyone confirm if the 2.0 wheels will fit over the 3.0 brakes?
Sponsored