2020 Supra prototype at Goodwood Festival of Speed (photos/videos)

Will fake vents stop you from buying the new Supra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man if we got started on fake vents, the places this thread can go.

But alright, I'll start: The M3 fender vents are fake.

Jeff
Yeah.. but how does that justify a Supra having fake vents though?
Sponsored

daviddi92

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94' Toyota Supra TT
Probably to save costs for the people who just want to own a supra, while also having a toyota part available to make money on for the people who are more serious about modding it.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
The answer to this would be a mile long.
Or more...

Not sure why Toyota thinks TRD is doing so great in North America anyway, TRD here is about as watered down as it comes. Sure people know the name and that may be worth more than the GR branding, but TRD in the US gets less and less TRD every year, with the exception of a piece here or there or the NASCAR efforts.

I don't really care what it's called though, just design and build cool things and I'm happy.

TRD Japan (Technocraft) does have a special place in my heart though. They did cool things.

Jeff

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Nothing justifies anything having fake vents, but they're on everything. If you want to buy a new car today, chances of getting a fake vent or a fake exhaust tip or something that is fake for the sake of cosmetics is through the roof. It's reality.

I mean, I guess complaining may be the only way to fix it besides just not buying anything that features something like that; it's true. But again, it's how things be, and with everything being that way I find my rage for it fading.

Jeff

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Or more...

Not sure why Toyota thinks TRD is doing so great in North America anyway, TRD here is about as watered down as it comes. Sure people know the name and that may be worth more than the GR branding, but TRD in the US gets less and less TRD every year, with the exception of a piece here or there or the NASCAR efforts.

I don't really care what it's called though, just design and build cool things and I'm happy.

TRD Japan (Technocraft) does have a special place in my heart though. They did cool things.

Jeff
Jeff’s right, the TRD offerings today are equivalent to PepBoys gear. All stick-on vents, muffler tips, and decals. I suppose everyone was expecting real gear like (dare I mention the MKIV again) the JZA80’s TRD LSD, TRD suspension, TRD 3000GT widebody kit, etc... Again, the MKIV has set the stage up for yet another hyped-up component failure with the new car...TCD (aka TRD). :dunno: What did we do to deserve such a slap in the face???

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Did anyone get a video of the second run? I was dreaming of electric sheep and missed it. Was hoping for a McLaren style tyre-smoke jump off the start line.

Dc2bar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'00 NBP Integra Type R, '18 BMW X6 i50, '16 335i GT
so,

A90:
340HP, 3100 lbs, 255/35/19 F and 275/35/19 R tires

370Z:
332HP, 3,232 lbs, 245/35/19 F and 275/35/19 R tires

If these numbers are right, and the rumored 60k price point is right, we'll have something near identical in spec and absolutely in the same class as a 370Z, for twice the price. ouch.

Maybe they should have shoved the engine in the back and brought back the MR2, because if these numbers are right it definitely doesn't deserve the Supra namesake.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
If these numbers are right it definitely doesn't deserve the Supra namesake.
Production cancelled due to low sales numbers? Sounds just right for the Supra namesake.

I kid, I kid. I hope.

Jeff

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
so,

A90:
340HP, 3100 lbs, 255/35/19 F and 275/35/19 R tires

370Z:
332HP, 3,232 lbs, 245/35/19 F and 275/35/19 R tires

If these numbers are right, and the rumored 60k price point is right, we'll have something near identical in spec and absolutely in the same class as a 370Z, for twice the price. ouch.

Maybe they should have shoved the engine in the back and brought back the MR2, because if these numbers are right it definitely doesn't deserve the Supra namesake.
Told you...

Status
Not open for further replies.