2020 Supra prototype at Goodwood Festival of Speed (photos/videos)

Will fake vents stop you from buying the new Supra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I saw that....is it 255 all around? I only saw the 255’s up front.
255/35/19 F and 275/35/19 R Michelin Pilot Super Sport currently, not sure if it will transition to the PS4S or if it is using an A90/Z4 specific PSS.
Sponsored

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
255/35/19 F and 275/35/19 R Michelin Pilot Super Sport currently, not sure if it will transition to the PS4S or if it is using an A90/Z4 specific PSS.
I'm a newb in terms of understanding tires or how it is fitted causes a difference in performance.

In leyman terms, is the tire size for the Supra suggesting it's withstanding a lot more than the cayman?

Edit: Skip to 1:52 to hear the engine clearly.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Snap, crackle, pop!

I'm a newb in terms of understanding tires or how it is fitted causes a difference in performance.

In leyman terms, is the tire size for the Supra suggesting it's withstanding a lot more than the cayman?

Edit: Skip to 1:52 to hear the engine clearly.
While I don't think it means it has more power per se, I believe it will be comparable. I think what it does mean is that they are def looking to play in the same ballpark at the Cayman S/GTS when it comes to ultimate grip. Different cars, different layouts, of course, but this ain't no GT86 on 215 Primacy HPs...

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
What I don’t get is.. why design a vent if it ain’t functional? I understand that on cheap cars. But if Toyota wants to spin this as its flagship.. why fake vents????

Even a ecoboost mustang doesn’t have fake vents. Come on toyota wtf

xantonin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 Celica GT-S
Toyota would understand that bigger tires, although they offer more grip, can also slow down performance by requiring more power to overcome friction. Plus you are adding more rotational weight to each wheel with thicker tires, which is a waste.

So the idea is that Toyota would only fit thick enough tires to give the the grip they need without causing excess weight, so if the tires are thick then there must be a lot more power behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.