2020 Supra prototype at Goodwood Festival of Speed (photos/videos)

Will fake vents stop you from buying the new Supra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GT-Four

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Celica
Guys that drag race the mk4 often "downgrade" the rear calipers to fit smaller wheels for bigger tyres.

Just throwing that out there.
Thank you. I didn't know that. They just look rather odd with 19s and the beefy front one. I suppose small caliper also means the car may be lightweight?
Sponsored

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
4runner
HKz,
I know i'm not the only person that is a little upset with how this car has turned out so far. I thought the FT-1 was one of the best looking cars I have ever seen. Seeing this now, it looks like there was a lot of cost cutting. We still don't have numbers on how fast this or weight so we can't assume it's going to be fast or slow but you can say it isn't the car that most people expected.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
HKz,
I know i'm not the only person that is a little upset with how this car has turned out so far. I thought the FT-1 was one of the best looking cars I have ever seen. Seeing this now, it looks like there was a lot of cost cutting. We still don't have numbers on how fast this or weight so we can't assume it's going to be fast or slow but you can say it isn't the car that most people expected.
Looking at all the fake design aspects of this car.. you can assume that it’ll be a decent looking slow car at best.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Hmm, not that I know of. I think what you see is what you get at this point.

Maybe Europe will get a scoop :p. Return of the Euro scoop! Probably not though lol.
no hood vents or scoop, but there is a GR/TRD solution for this that will eventually be available.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to stay hopeful or at least it can be easily modified.
I’m sure anything can be fixed, made fast, handle better, look better, sound better.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
HKz,
While nothing is 100 percent confirmed, there are lots of speculation from insiders and engineers that should give you an idea on what they are doing.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at all the fake design aspects of this car.. you can assume that it’ll be a decent looking slow car at best.
Lmao wut

I know you don't like the fake vents but even if it did have real vents the horsepower number wouldn't go up lol.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
HKz,
I wanted a true recreation of the FT1 just as much as the next person but I understand what cards Toyota has been dealt with here. I admit that this ended up being not as watered down as I originally thought the design would turn out to be. Obviously specs are still questionable, but at least looks wise think they have done an admirable job incorporating the FT1's looks onto a much shorter wheelbase.

supra-mkv-front-orange-jpg.jpg

1601524_699523153403687_389160492_n.jpg

Axios!

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Wishful thinking, but I'm hoping that Manabu Orido develops a wide body Ridox kit for the A90 Supra like he did for the MKIV. Maybe the new body kit will get rid of the fake panels or just not include them.

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
4runner
I wanted a true recreation of the FT1 just as much as the next person but I understand what cards Toyota has been dealt with here. I admit that this ended up being not as watered down as I originally thought the design would turn out to be. Obviously specs are still questionable, but at least looks wise think they have done an admirable job incorporating the FT1's looks onto a much shorter wheelbase.

supra-mkv-front-orange-jpg.jpg

1601524_699523153403687_389160492_n.jpg
I agree, they have done a good job with what they have been working with but some of those parts that were sacrificed were what stood out as well, like the nose and the long wheel base, it made the car really stand out.I feel this should be the MR2 and make the Supra when they are ready to spend more.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.