2021 F1 season prediction Challenge! - With Prize From APEX Race Parts!

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe Mercedes should listen to bottas more. Probably would have won had they did a 2 pit race.
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Maybe Mercedes should listen to bottas more. Probably would have won had they did a 2 pit race.
Mercedes couldn't pit because of Perez. He was on a one stop. He was inside their pit window.

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
Honda executed their strategy perfectly along with perfect drives from both Sergio and Max. They would have been very hard to beat today.

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
ooohh.. payback is a B****! :D. triple (quad) crown to max! Pole Position, Race Win, Fastest Lap, & Driver of the day! congrats to him but I think Driver of the day should've been Checko. He preserved the tire and lurking behind Hamilton & Bottas waiting to attack. His pace was there and Merc fell for it. By the time they realized it, it was a checkmate. If Checko wasn't there, Merc may have played Redbull. Seems like Merc is struggling with stressful situation now. Unless they re-coup next race, it will be hard for them to win the Championship..

But most important, Williams is back on 9th! My crystal ball works! :D

score will be posted sometime tonight. ;)

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Next 2 races in Austria will be exciting. Now the FIA is investigating Mercedes' flexible front wings :rofl: be careful what you wish for Toto.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
ooohh.. payback is a B****! :D. triple (quad) crown to max! Pole Position, Race Win, Fastest Lap, & Driver of the day! congrats to him but I think Driver of the day should've been Checko. He preserved the tire and lurking behind Hamilton & Bottas waiting to attack. His pace was there and Merc fell for it. By the time they realized it, it was a checkmate. If Checko wasn't there, Merc may have played Redbull. Seems like Merc is struggling with stressful situation now. Unless they re-coup next race, it will be hard for them to win the Championship..

But most important, Williams is back on 9th! My crystal ball works! :D

score will be posted sometime tonight. ;)
I'm gonna go ahead and ask for a recount right now ?

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Man, those Red Bulls are looking so quick. I'm very excited about the back to back rounds at Austria now with the French GP in the books. Even the less exciting tracks this season are really producing great racing! It makes me a bit hesitant to have the regulations re-vamped next year, but I suppose you can't have your cake and eat it too...

-Tom

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Man, those Red Bulls are looking so quick. I'm very excited about the back to back rounds at Austria now with the French GP in the books. Even the less exciting tracks this season are really producing great racing! It makes me a bit hesitant to have the regulations re-vamped next year, but I suppose you can't have your cake and eat it too...

-Tom
It happens every time. There's a runaway team that gets it right, because of limited testing it takes years for other teams to catch up, and when they finally do, the rules completely change and they start from scratch. The good thing is this time around, that the engines stay the same. So in that department not much should change, it's all about aero. Which is a lot easier to develop and copy from each other. If you look back at the Brawn season, they had the double diffuser and were a second a lap clear of the entire field. By mid-season Red Bull was just as fast. But it was too late to win the titles. With engines as you saw the last 7 years, it takes years and years to catch up.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just want to say again what other's have noted: We had an exciting race at Paul Ricard. :D
That just shows how good this season is so far. That even a track as boring as Paul Ricard provided a great race. Rain forecast for Austria so far. Can't wait!

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
This week's Challenge! this one is easy.

Yuki! Yuki had retired from 4 out 7 qualifying so far. So the odd of him retiring during qualifying is more than 50%! The question is, will he retire/crash during qualifying tomorrow?

My guess is "No" because there aren't any place to crash... unless his name is Bottas, then would crash in pit.. ? but really.. on the track? there are hugh run off area. even Bottas landscaped part of the trackside last year without unscathed. If he crashes out, he is a genius. :p

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)

Yuki! Yuki had retired from 4 out 7 qualifying so far. So the odd of him retiring during qualifying is more than 50%! The question is, will he retire/crash during qualifying tomorrow?

My guess is "No" because there aren't any place to crash... unless his name is Bottas, then would crash in pit.. ? but really.. on the track? there are hugh run off area. even Bottas landscaped part of the trackside last year without unscathed. If he crashes out, he is a genius. :p
Yuki won't crash out, but he also wont make it out of Q2.
Both the AlphaTauri cars are struggling at this track.

I think Yuki needs time to develop and mature. This has not and will not be a great year for him.

In another note, it will be interesting to see how Ferrari do for qualifying and the race.
I don't think they've shown their hand yet for this track.

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor

I don't think he will crash as the RBR is quite forgiving, but chances are high that he goes off at T5 into the gravel trap on the left-hand side.

-Tom
Sponsored