zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Can you use bimmercode on locked ECUs?
Yeah, but since the different modes (sports, normal, sport+) don't affect timing or fueling really, you're going to change the burbles - at least noticibley. What @satx_phantom is mentioning is probably either a placebo affect or confirmation bias.
Sponsored

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I have a locked '21 with an AA catted downpipe. It has quite a lot of gunshot pops in sport mode.

As for your other questions, JB4 doesn't really bring out the burbles, but anything that adjusts exhaust flow will, like a downpipe or exhaust.

And you can use Bimmercode on a locked car, but again, it isn't going to change anything about the burbles.

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
Yeah, but since the different modes (sports, normal, sport+) don't affect timing or fueling really, you're going to change the burbles - at least noticibley. What @satx_phantom is mentioning is probably either a placebo affect or confirmation bias.
I didn’t say they were louder or different, I meant more frequent.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Since more than half of 2021 and all 2022+ models are currently untunable (even though some headway is being made in that regard), you can still modify the exhaust for more burbles without a tune also.

A catless downpipe with cat simulator/defouler since you can't tune out a CEL (Armytrix for example) would be your best bet for a lot more pops, but even a catted downpipe will yield more burbles and pops. Additionally, an exhaust (the less restrictive the better) will either maximize the volume and tone of the pops, or even help add them, such as the Boost Logic, AWE Track Edition, Tomei, or Magnaflow X-Mod.

2022 3.0 Premiums have the option for a red interior.
Just highlighting this - Have the motor coded in Sport+ on my untunable '21, with an AA catted downpipe, and the AWE Track exhaust. Lots of pops and bangs, especially of the loud gunshot variety when driving hard. Even in stock form, though, they were there just significantly muted.

Enjoy the new car, OP! You'll love it.

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I have a 21 3.0. I installed a catless dp, exhaust (Catback), and Titan Tuning chip. I not only have burbles every single time I let off the gas in sport mode, but I also have "gunfire" backfires at redline and downshifts where RPMs are high. I don't know how much I have compared to a 2020, but I'm loving the noise my 21 puts out, other than having to earn the gunfire pops by pedaling specific ways.

TL:DR - 21 has plenty of burbles and pops and braps for me. I need to record some sound videos already, : (.

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I just took delivery of my 2022, and I get plenty of pops. It happens so often that I can't imagine how the 20s have more. They even happen at 10-15 mph in my parking garage. Fun stuff
This - I keep seeing that 2020 has all these pops and burbles, but the 21 is quiet, lol. Hmmm, I wish my neighbors felt the same, but no, it's plenty loud and lots of pops, bangs, and burbles. It also braps from 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4. Lots of sounds coming from my 21 3.0 /shrug.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
There are pops and bangs and there are pops and bangs.. as there are Chips Ahoy junk chocolate chip cookies and the ones my wife makes which are delicious.

I think she is just trying to accelerate my expiration date..

calebc

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra mkv
2022 3.0 premium, plenty of burbles, wouldnt really say it pops.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
My 2021 has plenty of snap, crackle, pops in Sport mode.
I love being able to be quiet ---- or not.
Sometimes it rips one that honestly sounds like a rifle shot :cool:
Sponsored