2021 Supra 2.0 as a daily? Rainy Conditions?

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but...

U.S. 2020 = global 2019
U.S. 2021 = global 2020

In other words, same sh*t. But we just label it differently for some reason.
I think it's more complicated than that.
Even here in the Canadian market the 2.0 is different than the 2.0 in the US.
In Canada there's only one version for the 2.0....no Safety and Tech Package option available, but I have blindspot monitoring, braking sensors and some other fancy stuff in mine as standard.
I got heated seats (not available in the US 2.0), but no lumbar support. Navigation is not even an option....It's all over the place

That's what visible....mechanically I have no clue what could be different. In videos I've noticed also some differences with the European counterparts.
Sponsored

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
So i think this is where its confusing people. From what i've managed to gathered, the 2.0 in the UK and other parts of the world have an open diff. Remember they got the car last year as a 2020 model.

The 2021 model for the US specifically gets a mechanical LSD. I cant really site my sources as its been from a hodgpodge of different sites and whatnot. But this is kinda what i've gathered and for me it sounds like the most likley.
No offense, but I rather trust guff over your source. He has been to several of the Supra events and Toyota even gave him a 2.0 to review.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
No offense, but I rather trust guff over your source. He has been to several of the Supra events and Toyota even gave him a 2.0 to review.
Those were pre production models. There are plenty of articles online saying the U.S. spec 2.0 got a mechanical diff. Guff could've had a Euro or Canadian spec car without it.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Those were pre production models. There are plenty of articles online saying the U.S. spec 2.0 got a mechanical diff. Guff could've had a Euro or Canadian spec car without it.
Why would Toyota give out Euro or Canadian cars for a U.S. press launch??? We can all keep going back and forth, but I trust the guy that has brought us the goods.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
Who the hell is guff lol? Is he even in this thread?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Lol he's a moderator besides everything else..

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
So according to this Road and Track article, they claim the 2.0 has a mechanical LSD. R&T are pretty reputable as far as i've been aware and i'm pretty sure they would have had a mechanic double check before making such a claim.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/a32453503/toyota-supra-four-cylinder-review/

This reviewer also claims the 2.0 has a Mechanical LSD
https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/a72...upra-should-you-buy-4-cylinder-vs-6-cylinder/

On the flip side here is an article in the UK talking about how the 2.0 gets a sports package which adds a mechanical LSD. This actually makes sense why the Open Diff argument seems to hold weight. in the UK, many cars have more options than the US models do. Like the M2 Competition. You can actually spec an M2 Competition in the UK to not have power seats or even the bigger 6 piston brakes. I can only assume the same is going to be in this case.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-entry-level-toyota-gr-supra-launched-europe

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I just sent Toyota an email on this matter. Hopefully they will get back to me by the end of week.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Maybe Toyota heard all of the online whining and switched it up at the last minute? :dunno: