2022 Supra Brake Hold Function

Benjimanbenjamin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
Hi,
Just ordered a 2022 Supra from a dealer but there wasn’t any demo. Just wanted to know if it has a brake hold function (holds the brake when removing your foot from the brake pedal after the vehicle comes to a full stop) as I found it very convenient in my current car.
Sponsored

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
No such feature.

Reactions: zrk

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Nope, I find myself wishing I had it all the time now. What I thought was a gimmick in our family car is one of the first things I enable when I get in it. One of those first world problems but once use to it, it’s an amazing little feature.

stormsupra

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra
Not sure if this would work for US specs because I'm in Australia.

When you come to a complete stop, keep your foot on the brake, press the cruise control on button, let go of the brake (this will activate cruise control auto braking and the car will not move until you use the toggle button on the steering wheel or acceleration pedal), when you're ready to go, press the cruise control button again to turn off and then accelerate.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Not sure if this would work for US specs because I'm in Australia.

When you come to a complete stop, keep your foot on the brake, press the cruise control on button, let go of the brake (this will activate cruise control auto braking and the car will not move until you use the toggle button on the steering wheel or acceleration pedal), when you're ready to go, press the cruise control button again to turn off and then accelerate.
Can confirm this works. Came to a stop pressed the set button with cruise on and it held the car until I pressed the gas.. thank you it’s a feature I really wanted and missed every time I drive the Supra.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Just ordered a 2022 Supra from a dealer but there wasn’t any demo. Just wanted to know if it has a brake hold function (holds the brake when removing your foot from the brake pedal after the vehicle comes to a full stop) as I found it very convenient in my current car.
~ That’s an MB feature. ❤ Sold an E400 Coupe which had this… still get to enjoy the feature when driving my wife’s GLC43.

mortavious

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Absolute Zero
My last Honda also had it and I've missed it like hell. I'll try the cruise control thing!

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 MB C300, 2021 GR Supra, 1989 Ferrari 348 TS
Sweet, I was wondering if it had that. Not as easy as my MB where I just give the brake some extra pressure, but I'll test it out when the snow clears. My 2011 X5 had that feature too, but it was a dedicated button by the gear selector.

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 MB C300, 2021 GR Supra, 1989 Ferrari 348 TS
~ That’s an MB feature. ❤ Sold an E400 Coupe which had this… still get to enjoy the feature when driving my wife’s GLC43.
My wife sold her GLC43 to buy the Supra. We are trying to order a GLA45, but stupid chip shortage has prevented that.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Well, sometimes I don’t follow the bouncing ball very well but I can’t figure out what purpose this would serve in an automatic trans car??

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well, sometimes I don’t follow the bouncing ball very well but I can’t figure out what purpose this would serve in an automatic trans car??
when you come to a stop light, sitting in a drive through or horrible stop and go traffic, when it’s enabled in our daily, you come to a stop and can lift you foot off the brake. It holds you there.. again gimmick, but once use to it, it’s a convience you wonder why isn’t on any car with electric e brake. I got used to it on our last daily A Mazda 6 and a weapon came up missing on base, took 3 hours to get out of there, was amazing to have. Now I’m just use to it.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
wait, your supras don't have this? mine does.... this is basically almost a standard feature for BMWS. you guys sure you dont have it?

Snowblind20

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
The car has this crazy feature from the factory called a parking brake.
Sponsored