2022 Supra Locked DME ?

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
I've always been big into tuning and modding cars. With the Supra specifically, I'm not even interested in a tune even if mine was unlocked. Maybe I'm just growing up, but I think the car has enough power as is with just simple bolt ons.

I also dont race my car, just want it to look good and be fun to drive.
Sponsored

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I see this too. Pricing is still unofficial however
Unofficial and not including dealer markups which based on type r initial markups etc will be ATLEAST the cost of a premium Supra and you have to buy the top edition model to get the upgraded brakes

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I'd also -highly- doubt that the ECU is any more tunable than other cars that are out right now, but that's pure speculation.
If it’s a Bosch, which is highly likely, I see it being more difficult then the 2021 supras we’re to crack. The car isn’t even out yet and Bosch isn’t going to downgrade their ecu security

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm not so sure I'd consider those strikes, at least hard strikes. The manual definitely isn't, it just depends on what your goals are. As a weekend date-night car, sure. Manual wins. Races, manual loses - or you're put in the H-pattern class.

There are many reasons to prefer a car that's a little more expensive, especailly when it comes to the community and vendors. Smaller market = better quality from components = better support from vendors, even if the price is a premium. Who cares really? Only those who are especially budget concious.

And the Z is well.. A Z. It certainly looks better than the 350 and 370, but it's not the most attractive car I've seen. At the Chicago Auto Show the interior was.. sketchy, at best.
Fair points and I’m not saying the Z is better than the Supra or debate auto vs. manual but if there is a platform that is easier to work with, there are people that are going to move to that. A lower starting price and a manual in a turbo rear-wheel drive platform are plus factors. But if it turns out a little more boost breaks stuff or it also has a hyper-secure ECU then yes the Z will be a nothing burger. But if not…

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 MB C300, 2021 GR Supra, 1989 Ferrari 348 TS
What would the cost for a standalone ECU be? That would solve the locked issues, for sure.

I am taking mine to the track next month, but I am probably going to keep it fairly stock so I can enter it in showroom stock for AutoX.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
What would the cost for a standalone ECU be? That would solve the locked issues, for sure.
FuelTech or Haltech is going set you back somewhere in the area of 7-10k in parts + whatever the labor is of building a completely harness, probably another 3-4k. You're also going to miss all of the creature comforts of the Supra, but if you're going to standalone, you don't care about those anyway.

I'd probably set aside at least 20k to go full standalone-- ignore all the of the gremlins of course.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I'd probably set aside at least 20k to go full standalone-- ignore all the of the gremlins of course.
Not a bad price if it worked like that for c8 owners

dapimpee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I enjoy my Supra completely stock. I don't think there any reason for it to run mid 9s in the 1/4. You're thinking of those rubber burning morons.
Jb4 map 2 is plenty fast enough for me

Reactions: zrk

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
It's been done.
I won’t get off topic, but to my knowledge this is not readily available to anyone with the money to buy it. But boy I hope I’m wrong

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Reactions: zrk