2023 A91-MT Supra Alignment

pal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 BMW M2, 2013 Audi TT RS, 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe
So since the day I drove my car off the lot, the alignment felt a bit off, and the steering wheel Sat a touch off center. I finally brought it to my local shop to check the alignment. The front had a fair bit of toe in and the left and right rears had camber that was different by about 0.4°, and toe was off too.

We set front toe to 0, equalized rear camber to around -2°, and brought toe to within factory spec while equalizing it left to right. The car felt so much better and crisper after this.

66B0C68D-06D1-458A-8B22-F2522834B185.jpeg

7645124B-BDE1-4E9A-BDF9-C5D186BBCECA.jpeg
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Smart! Sounds like most new ones need a good alignment.

Reactions: pal

MattPhantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
For the first 6 months of ownership ,my backend would start to slide when I barely got on it but, being my first RWD car and seeing people say it was tail happy, I thought it was normal. After watching some videos and seeing how well planted other vehicles were, I took it in for an alignment and the difference was night and day.

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silverado, S1000R, A91-MT
Interesting. I'm not noticing anything out of the ordinary, including it feeling tail happy. Maybe I just got lucky, but glad you were able to get it quieted out

Reactions: pal
OP
OP

pal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 BMW M2, 2013 Audi TT RS, 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe
Throwing the car on an alignment rack should be part of PDI on these cars, and maybe all the GRs. I bet transportation messes things up randomly. For example, I’m sure Toyota (MagnaSteyr) won’t set left and right rears at different camber and toe settings at the factory.

On the other hand, the 0.08” toe-in on each of the front wheels seems intentional, and likely to reduce any tendency of the car to want to oversteer. I’ve always liked zero toe up front (effectively the wheels point straight ahead), so that’s what we did. Turn-in does feel sharper now.

robotvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Audi A3 quattro
On a hunch I took mine today to get looked at and sure enough, it was definitely out of spec (rear toe specifically was messed up). Felt kind of twitchy getting into on the highway. After getting it dialed back in it feels MUCH better.

I would suggest if you're buying a new Supra, make the dealer throw it on the alignment rack before you leave as part of the purchase if you can.

Optimusprimerib

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 manual base
I got my 23 aligned today after installing a stud kit + spacers. Factory alignment was indeed bad according to the mechanic. Mostly it was a crazy amount of toe-in on the front. Here is the after. I forgot to get a copy of the before sheet.

IMG_0018.jpeg

IMG_0017.jpeg

VeroBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 Supra Manual Strat Blue
Interesting. I havent checked my alignment but since I bought my ‘23 Ive always felt like my MT has been way less stable at 100+ vs. when I had my ‘21. My Auto felt like the faster I went, the more glued to the road it was. Unbelievable how much confidence it invoked at 140+. With the manual from a roll like 60-120 its scary at 120mph. Im going to get it checked, especially because I put springs on my car like a month ago

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Interesting. I havent checked my alignment but since I bought my ‘23 Ive always felt like my MT has been way less stable at 100+ vs. when I had my ‘21. My Auto felt like the faster I went, the more glued to the road it was. Unbelievable how much confidence it invoked at 140+. With the manual from a roll like 60-120 its scary at 120mph. Im going to get it checked, especially because I put springs on my car like a month ago
A good alignment is a must on these cars, do it brother! And don’t forget to use your free track day 😃

nashcarr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 PMT, 95 Miata, 2016 Lexus IS300 awd
The Toyota dealer I had align my 2.0 (steering wheel was off upon deivery) coukd not align it properly after trying 3x. Supposedly they need a "special BMW tool" in order to align it. WTF. I won't take my 23 to the dealer for an alignment the next time.

VeroBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You should have had it aligned the week you put lowering springs on.
:rolleyes: So judgmental lol

Its on my to do list. Pulled straight steered fine after install. Ive been monitoring and I’ve the wheels off once per week since install, checking the tightness on my adj endlinks that I also put on and havent seen feathering or abnormal wear on tires yet.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
:rolleyes: So judgmental lol

Its on my to do list. Pulled straight steered fine after install. Ive been monitoring and I’ve the wheels off once per week since install, checking the tightness on my adj endlinks that I also put on and havent seen feathering or abnormal wear on tires yet.
Huh? You literally said the car felt weird at speed.

When you put springs on and lower the car, it changes the alignment. If you would have had it aligned the week you had them installed, the car wouldn’t feel like what you are stating.

So sensitive… judgmental would have looked something like: “Why on earth didn’t you align it when you messed with the suspension you imbecile!?!?”

VeroBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Huh? You literally said the car felt weird at speed.

When you put springs on and lower the car, it changes the alignment. If you would have had it aligned the week you had them installed, the car wouldn’t feel like what you are stating.

So sensitive… judgmental would have looked something like: “Why on earth didn’t you align it when you messed with the suspension you imbecile!?!?”
My car has felt weird at speed since I bought it new when compared to my old ‘21 Supra.

have fun keyboard warrior.