2024 Mustang Dark Horse vs Lotus Emira, M2, Supra, Camaro, Challenger — Cammisa Ultimate Drag Race

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
Anyone with a dragy 1/4 mile run on a stock MT care to chime in? I'm going to install one at some point on my car just for fun.
I don't have draggy, but at my local strip I ran a best time of 12.64 @ 113.21. And that was an ideal launch, with a 1.84 60ft. I trapped 90.11 in the 8th.

I think there is a bit of power cut between gear shifts to save the drive line. I'm not sure if it still happens when running in VSC Off, but with just traction control off, I feel the power cut with every gear shift.
Sponsored

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
So, yeah it did come last but it's also the cheapest car there by a decent margin so I respect the performance it put up
And lowest HP, but I think it wasn't heaviest, but still. Lowest HP, numbers were at the slowest end of things...I'm not saying Supra is fastest or faster, but not even a 12.5s 1/4?

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Not following. They are both torque converter autos.
I drove a 2021 Lotus Evora with auto and an already broken-in Supra with auto. The Supra's shifting seemed to be much faster than the Evora's.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I drove a 2021 Lotus Evora with auto and an already broken-in Supra with auto. The Supra's shifting seemed to be much faster than the Evora's.
You stated it was slower shifting in your previous post, which is what made me confused. The ZF slushbox in the Supra is by far the best auto I have used in my life, DCT included.

It bangs off shifts in sport mode with a tune and xhp.

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
Purposely screwing up the Supra's run to give others a chance lol.

And of course, the botched run of the Supra MT is being shown to millions on youtube, while a proper run is buried in an article on Car and Driver's website.

C&D's tests:
Mustang Dark Horse 12.5 sec @ 115mph

Supra MT 12.4 sec @ 115mph

M2 manual 12.2 sec @ 118mph

Social media really has become mainly about showing off misleading things to cause controversy and get people worked up over sh!t, isn't it?

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
Purposely screwing up the Supra's run to give others a chance lol.

And of course, the botched run of the Supra MT is being shown to millions on youtube, while a proper run is buried in an article on Car and Driver's website.

C&D's tests:
Mustang Dark Horse 12.5 sec @ 115mph

Supra MT 12.4 sec @ 115mph

M2 manual 12.2 sec @ 118mph

Social media really has become mainly about showing off misleading things to cause controversy and get people worked up over sh!t, isn't it?
Yup 12.4 @ 115mph with a 0-60 time of 3.9 sec for the MT, which isn't half bad.

Tested: 2023 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Manual Answers Our Prayers (caranddriver.com)

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
You stated it was slower shifting in your previous post, which is what made me confused. The ZF slushbox in the Supra is by far the best auto I have used in my life, DCT included.

It bangs off shifts in sport mode with a tune and xhp.

I stated/attempted to verify that the Supra's auto gearbox is faster than the Emira's, which is essentially the same as that in the Evora GT.
Sponsored