• Watchers 5

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Met a new Supra friend (reminds me of Super Friends - cartoon as a kid - anyways…), dude came over last night and asked me to start up my car. Read about the exhaust smell. He loved the sound, btw. But truly couldn’t smell a thing, lol. My wife trained me to it, so I can now detect it. He’s not married so… Viola! He can buy whatever he wants. Women can smell and hear better... So best to get your significant other involved before you make any quick decisions/purchases 😉
Sponsored

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
If you don’t mind getting rid of the underbody brace, the remnant turbo back is a hella great price point and takes away all the restrictions. I’m going custom route 4” to dual 3” with an interchangeable dp (high flow gesi cat/ straight) with dual resonators after the Y and dual mufflers yet overall price is still under 3k in one of the best local shops I have.

CdnSupes

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
Currently have an AA catted DP, it's improved the sounds nicely. The 23s seem to have a little less burble which is nice.

I have an SP1R on route, hoping it's not too obnoxious. Really wanted to try RK otherwise but it's 8-10 weeks out.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
AWE resonated touring with catless downpipe is a killer exhaust I love mine. Stock exhaust with just a downpipe sounds like a cheap tin can…
Huh? The stock exhaust sounds great with a catless downpipe, hence the reason so many people are running that setup.

To this day the worst one I've ever heard was the Boost Logic paired with a catless downpipe. Waaay too loud, tinny and crackly. Sounded like obnoxious ass. The system sounds good with a cat though..

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Huh? The stock exhaust sounds great with a catless downpipe, hence the reason so many people are running that setup.

To this day the worst one I've ever heard was the Boost Logic paired with a catless downpipe. Waaay too loud, tinny and crackly. Sounded like obnoxious ass. The system sounds good with a cat though..
Yeah some aftermarket cat backs sound like shit especially catless… AWE touring, magnaflow X-mod, valvetronic, and HKS are all in a different league tho compared to the stock exhaust. The stock exhaust catless rlly does sound like a tin can tho it’s for ppl that don’t want to shell out 2k plus on an exhaust which i understand

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Yeah some aftermarket cat backs sound like shit especially catless… AWE touring, magnaflow X-mod, valvetronic, and HKS are all in a different league tho compared to the stock exhaust. The stock exhaust catless rlly does sound like a tin can tho it’s for ppl that don’t want to shell out 2k plus on an exhaust which i understand
I think the bigger reason not to cough up $2K is that there's mediocre power gains for the price and the stock setup is fine up to about 500 WHP. If you've ever seen the stock muffler cut open, the pipe leading to the exit with the valve has a rather unobstructed straight shot through the canister. Certainly explains why one can hear the turbine whistle from it at idle with a catless downpipe.

All that being said, I can't wait to ditch the stock exhaust for a custom single-exit, designed and fabricated by ME this spring!

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
I think the bigger reason not to cough up $2K is that there's mediocre power gains for the price and the stock setup is fine up to about 500 WHP. If you've ever seen the stock muffler cut open, the pipe leading to the exit with the valve has a rather unobstructed straight shot through the canister. Certainly explains why one can hear the turbine whistle from it at idle with a catless downpipe.

All that being said, I can't wait to ditch the stock exhaust for a custom single-exit, designed and fabricated by ME this spring!
Catback’s don’t really add any performance it’s just a cosmetic sound mod that costs a pretty penny i don’t think anyone here is claiming to have any gains from an aftermarket catback.

PASupra85

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Ascent, 2022 Prius, 2023 Supra (deposit)
Currently have an AA catted DP, it's improved the sounds nicely. The 23s seem to have a little less burble which is nice.

I have an SP1R on route, hoping it's not too obnoxious. Really wanted to try RK otherwise but it's 8-10 weeks out.
do you currently have a stock exhaust?I’m starting to make a purchase list in anticipation of my Supra. Does it give it a little deeper tone? Any drone or smell?

CdnSupes

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
I currently have stock exhaust yeah. I would say below 3k RPM it is mostly unchanged with AA catted DP. Little bit louder start up, mid range/higher RPM is a nice sound. It's very nice to pop between normal/sport and be civil when you need. I'm going to use bimmercode next week to tune out ASD. I did not really notice any smell which is a great change of pace.

I found it actually too tame, hence going for an exhaust. Just installed MST V2 intake so hoping it's enough noises!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I have AWE resonated touring with A90 shop catless downpipe on mine, the sound is KILLER! smooth and deep! loud but fine for cruising until you sink your foot into it...
Sold! I’m going to switch my AWE track (is that the name?) to the touring, conversion via @NitroYellowMKV . I think he sells these
I bought the AWE track for my wife, with catless dp. She’s a fanatic about a track car sounding proper. But I doubt she’ll notice if I do this conversion 😊

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 nitro yellow supra 3.0 premium
Sold! I’m going to switch my AWE track (is that the name?) to the touring, conversion via @NitroYellowMKV . I think he sells these
I bought the AWE track for my wife, with catless dp. She’s a fanatic about a track car sounding proper. But I doubt she’ll notice if I do this conversion 😊
I honestly don’t think the mufflers do all that much for total volume they just help keep it civil when your not hammering it and knock down drone on the highway because mine is still loud on cold starts and wide open! Should be a great switch for you!

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I still think the catless AWE touring setup is the best sounding exhaust out there. I love the way mine sounded. Right now, I'm running the single Tomei catless and its really good also but a bit more drone than I like. Its deeper than I thought it would be. Boostlogic sound like ass to me and have no idea why anyone thinks it sounds good, its sooo pingy-tinny sounding (which btw i agree that the OEM exhaust catless has a bit of tinny sound also) I'm still waiting for my SP1R if it ever gets figured out, but im going with that exhaust mainly for the looks, I think that it sounds great and looks sick and will finish out the look i want for my car.

If my AWE sell falls through, and my SP1R deal falls through, I'm not even upset I don't mind keeping it and putting it back on.
Sponsored