3D printed JB4 mount

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
What material did he use? Some particular materials like to warp and/or shrink in heated environments, so I'm not sure how it'll react in the bay

OP
OP
SooopraSD

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR
Not sure what he used but only time will tell. Iā€™ll ask him though.

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Not sure what he used but only time will tell. Iā€™ll ask him though.
Sound good, a recommendation I would give is to print at 100% infill, since that'll help against thermal deformation, and maybe anneal it for better performance (will shrink a bit if annealed, so the model might have to be scaled up a tiny bit)

Otherwise, that looks like a pretty cool project and definitely want to see the progress of it :thumbsup:

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Thatā€™s awesome! Mind grabbing a few more wide angle pics of the installation? Kinda hard to make out how itā€™s done.

looking forward to the file drop!

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
OP
OP
SooopraSD

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR
Sound good, a recommendation I would give is to print at 100% infill, since that'll help against thermal deformation, and maybe anneal it for better performance (will shrink a bit if annealed, so the model might have to be scaled up a tiny bit)

Otherwise, that looks like a pretty cool project and definitely want to see the progress of it :thumbsup:
Nice! keep us updated please
For sure!

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
If you're willing to share the file, I'm willing to print and help test. I'll gladly pay for it in the future if you decide to monetize.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Any update on this @SooopraSD? Again, I'd gladly pay you for access to the CAD file and would agree not to share it in any capacity (with the minor exception of the following). I have a friend with a CNC machine and several large chunks of aluminium. He said he'd be happy to carve some of it up as long as the component is CNC-able, which from the pictures it appears to be. If you don't want to that's all good, just let me know so I can work on something more permanent for myself. Don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Any update on this @SooopraSD? Again, I'd gladly pay you for access to the CAD file and would agree not to share it in any capacity (with the minor exception of the following). I have a friend with a CNC machine and several large chunks of aluminium. He said he'd be happy to carve some of it up as long as the component is CNC-able, which from the pictures it appears to be. If you don't want to that's all good, just let me know so I can work on something more permanent for myself. Don't want to reinvent the wheel.
Thatā€™s very nice of him to do for essentially free with the cost of metal and running a cnc lol
Sponsored