First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
Has anyone seen or thought of a solution to put racing harnesses in the car to work with the stock seats?

I never really paid attention to the back of the seat until I went to look where to run straps.

seats.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2001 S2000, 2009 STI
Vehicle Showcase
Following but it doesnt seem it will get traction or maybe the info is somewhere else

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
Post in track section, members there will be able to weigh in. At the very least it‘ll need a harness bar installed.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I thought about doing the same but quite a bit of modification to the seat as well strut bar behind the seat. i decided not to do it since that strut bar is not strong enough to begin with and places to bolt on stronger bar may not be strong enough. also, not keen on making hole through leather seat. perhaps someone in future to make this work but so far, to make 5 Pt harness work with stock parts are more of cosmetic than functional..

OP
OP
Jaxness

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
Yea, I posted this before I took a close look at the seats to see that there weren't any existing holes to work with, lol.

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2001 S2000, 2009 STI
Vehicle Showcase
It would be best if someone would combine like a half roll cage that would serve as support for the roof and it had brackers behind the driver/passenger shoulders so race belts could be installed

srwhitman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT Supra, Lotus Exige S260, Porsche GT3
Anyone make progress here?
I would much prefer to use existing seat - would keep not only aesthetics but not have to deal with airbag lights. Its rather unbelievable to me that they made the seats have what looks like a hole over shoulder but the hole is in the middle - which really is unsuitable for proper harness.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Anyone make progress here?
I would much prefer to use existing seat - would keep not only aesthetics but not have to deal with airbag lights. Its rather unbelievable to me that they made the seats have what looks like a hole over shoulder but the hole is in the middle - which really is unsuitable for proper harness.
yes, swap for a seat that is built correctly for that use. :)

srwhitman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT Supra, Lotus Exige S260, Porsche GT3
Obviously that would work - but then you have to deal with the airbag issues.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Obviously that would work - but then you have to deal with the airbag issues.
You can get aftermarket seats with Plug and Play airbags that will also work for harnesses.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Don’t cut corners w safety.
Want harness - get a bar and proper seat. Although I will never understand why anyone in right mind would want to fool with harness on a daily?

Gotink

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra 2016 tundra 1999 4Runner
If your not putting at least a half cage in it’s just unsafe to use 5points.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Post in track section, members there will be able to weigh in. At the very least it‘ll need a harness bar installed.
Except that's not what a harness bar is for. Anchoring a harness to a harness bar is as bad as using our strut tower brace. Maybe even worse.

If you want a harness, you will HAVE to get a seat that is made for them. If you have a harness, it HAS to be a 5 or 6 point since nobody makes an ASM harness for our car. If you have a fixed back seat (a reclining seat and a harness is NOT safe) and harness, you *should* (The rollover protection for these cars is still up for debate) have a roll bar too (I think that's what people are meaning by "half cage"). I do not believe our cars have viable mount points for harness, so mount it to the roll bar only, NOT a harness bar; that's not what they are for. A roll bar/fixed-back seat/harness all work together. You can have a roll bar without the others, but none of the others without the rest.
This is all from a safety standpoint, despite popular internet opinion and lore. I won't go into all the reasons for the above, as I'm sure you already know. Feel free to take any risks you see fit, of course. We all do it, in some way, all the time hahaha.

Tsuki8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 3.0 AZ BM3 E50 WMI