• Total voters

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Ebay kits might cost 5k, a quality kit certainly doesn't. A factory turbo 86 would easily approach $40k and then you're still sitting in a cheap, plastic, crap interior. You're not JUST paying for horsepower in the Supra. If you think Subaru quality is equal to BMW quality...
How so? A WRX is a $27k-$32k car. Did I ever say Subaru = BMW "quality"? Since we're on the topic I'll gladly take a "cheap" Subaru over a high "quality" BMW which would probably start leaking oil and fluids and spitting out a million codes as soon as the warranty is out. :p

I don't think you understand what BRZ/86 owners want. They want a car made in Japan, not Austria. Something easy to work on. Manual and backseats. If you bother to look on 86 forum you would know that these are the top complaints about the Supra.
Sponsored

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
How so? A WRX is a $27k-$32k car. Did I ever say Subaru = BMW "quality"? Since we're on the topic I'll gladly take a "cheap" Subaru over a high "quality" BMW which would probably start leaking oil and fluids and spitting out a million codes as soon as the warranty is out. :p
So do it, no one is stopping you. :dunno:

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Do what? We were just talking about a hypothetical turbo 86.
Let me quote it for you - "I'll gladly take a "cheap" Subaru over a high "quality" BMW."

I'm sure if you were actually gonna take anything you'd march down to the dealership with the said car and "take" it. But here we are - internet fighting.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Let me quote it for you - "I'll gladly take a "cheap" Subaru over a high "quality" BMW."

I'm sure if you were actually gonna take anything you'd march down to the dealership with the said car and "take" it. But here we are - internet fighting.
If you take the whole conversation in mind we were clearly talking a "hypothetical turbo 86". If they made one I would bit. :thumbsup: But they aren't so I'm holding off for the next Z.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I think that's just a matter of time before an LSD and manual are happening. As far as weight goes, 3200 lbs with a car that has 255 horsepower isn't bad at all.
I understand why the 3.0 is auto only, but the Z4 sDrive20i already comes with a stick. I just don't understand what the hold up is.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra

I don't think you understand what BRZ/86 owners want. They want a car made in Japan, not Austria. Something easy to work on. Manual and backseats. If you bother to look on 86 forum you would know that these are the top complaints about the Supra.
I didn't say a WRX, I said an STI. I don't bother to look on an 86 forum, because I've got no interest in one. 86 owners shouldn't complain about the Supra since for most it's waaaaay out of their league. That's why they drive a $25k 86.

If you take the whole conversation in mind we were clearly talking a "hypothetical turbo 86". If they made one I would bit. :thumbsup: But they aren't so I'm holding off for the next Z.
So, you don't have a Supra? Why are you commenting on a post if OWNERS would take a 2.0 or a 3.0?
Go to the Z forum then

BRB, just hopping on a Ferrari forum to reply if I like the 488 better or the F8, only to tell them I'm waiting for the new McLaren.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I didn't say a WRX, I said an STI. I don't bother to look on an 86 forum, because I've got no interest in one. 86 owners shouldn't complain about the Supra since for most it's waaaaay out of their league. That's why they drive a $25k 86.

So, you don't have a Supra? Why are you commenting on a post if OWNERS would take a 2.0 or a 3.0?
Go to the Z forum then
Then maybe you shouldn't be commenting about a "turbo 86" ;)

mkay...

Last time I checked it was a free forum. Wasn't aware that only owners are allowed to post here. I also never said anything about picking a 2.0 or 3.0. I wasn't even talking to you. Also pretty sure that you were the one that drag me into the conversation, but ok bro. :rolleyes:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Then maybe you shouldn't be commenting about a "turbo 86" ;)

mkay...

Last time I checked it was a free forum. Wasn't aware that only owners are allowed to post here. I also never said anything about picking a 2.0 or 3.0. I wasn't even talking to you. Also pretty sure that you were the one that drag me into the conversation, but ok bro. :rolleyes:
Read the title, bro.

I didn't drag you into anything. Never asked you. I just said for people wanting a turbo 86, the 2.0 is as close as it gets.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Read the title, bro.

I didn't drag you into anything. Never asked you. I just said for people wanting a turbo 86, the 2.0 is as close as it gets.
Right, and I wasn't weighting in way or the other. Comprehension much..

Yeah you did because you quoted me, but nice try. So you pretty much admitted that you were the one that derailed the thread. :thumbsup:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Right, and I wasn't weighting in way or the other. Comprehension much..

Yeah you did because you quoted me, but nice try. So you pretty much admitted that you were the one that derailed the thread. :thumbsup:
I don't see a quote, do you?

Screenshot_20201207-225920_Samsung Internet.jpg
Sponsored