opinion: B48 vs B58 vs X ?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I’ve noticed that the 2.0 people suffer from 3.0 envy. Not because the 3.0 is 1000x better than the 2.0 but instead because of the dickhead 3.0 owners that look down on them and talk trash about their cars!

I’ve witnessed this in person here locally.

-RJM
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I’ve noticed that the 2.0 people suffer from 3.0 envy. Not because the 3.0 is 1000x better than the 2.0 but instead because of the dickhead 3.0 owners that look down on them and talk trash about their cars!

-RJM
Fuck the 3.0 owners, amirite?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..

-RJM
Is that the same for base Cayman owners? Do the S and GTS and GT4 folks domino look down at lower grade models owners?

Must be nice to have that problem..

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
I’m a 3.0 owner and I have no hate for the 2.0 either. I’ve had a blast with lots of 4cyl: 2.3 SVO Mustang, RSX S, Focus RS, Porsche 944.

Was a little confused by you hoping for an N/A V6 instead of an I-6 though…

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
For me I'd regret having the 4 cylinder in a Supra. Would take the Z at that price tbh. Considering the aftermarket will be massive for the Z. 4 cylinders are great in rally cars and dailies but I couldn't give up the 6 cylinder for a weekend or low mile car that's meant to make a lot of smiles. Plus the 6 cylinder has tons of cheap power potential if you want some more powa. A down pipe and a jb4 and some ethanol go a long way in these cars. Not to mention if you have an open DME.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Don't worry about the 3.0 haters lol, cause before the 2.0, the mkiv guys were hating on all the 2020 3.0 guys. ? the circle of hate continues. ? just be happy that your 2.0 would waffle stomp an N/A mkiv stock for stock all day. ??

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
Well if your content, why not just hold onto the car and see what toyota does with it in few years left. The market right now for this year and the next is crazy so don't go rushing into anything you might regret.

The Z isn't out and the (rumored) facelift model isn't out yet so you have time.

That way when it is time to flip you have the choice of the Z, keeping your current car, a previous model year 3.0, and whatever new version unpdated Supra Toyota is to offer. Would suck to rush into a 3.0 to again feel envy for a future facelift model or a final all-in performance model with the S58. /2cents

OP
OP

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
Well if your content, why not just hold onto the car and see what toyota does with it in few years left. The market right now for this year and the next is crazy so don't go rushing into anything you might regret.

The Z isn't out and the (rumored) facelift model isn't out yet so you have time.

That way when it is time to flip you have the choice of the Z, keeping your current car, a previous model year 3.0, and whatever new version unpdated Supra Toyota is to offer. Would suck to rush into a 3.0 to again feel envy for a future facelift model or a final all-in performance model with the S58. /2cents
yep this is pretty much it, i"m not made of money, this car has definitely NOT been a disappointment, I prefer its looks to the new Z honestly

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I find it silly some 3.0 owners go out of their way to shit on the 2.0 owners, seems childish. There is more to a car than 0-60, and if you don't actually *care* about that extra power, why pay for it?

On the flip side, there is nothing wrong with wanting the best version of something based on whatever criteria you personally use, which certainly can be raw horsepower. I know I fall into this category.

I would generally recommend this: if you are the type of person who needs to ask others if its OK to want the 2.0, then you might regret it later - and I don't mean that as a diss. IMO anyone getting a 2.0 should have it clear as day in their head exactly why they want it and think its awesome regardless of what anyone else might say and not be second guessing it.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I find it silly some 3.0 owners go out of their way to shit on the 2.0 owners, seems childish. There is more to a car than 0-60, and if you don't actually *care* about that extra power, why pay for it?

On the flip side, there is nothing wrong with wanting the best version of something based on whatever criteria you personally use, which certainly can be raw horsepower. I know I fall into this category.

I would generally recommend this: if you are the type of person who needs to ask others if its OK to want the 2.0, then you might regret it later - and I don't mean that as a diss. IMO anyone getting a 2.0 should have it clear as day in their head exactly why they want it and think its awesome regardless of what anyone else might say and not be second guessing it.
If you're in the market for a 2.0, it's probably much faster than anything you've owned before.

If you're not sure if the 2.0 is fast enough, the 2.0 is probably faster than anything you've owned before.

It's all relative. If you don't plan on setting any records (Congrats, p2tuned/tuned_by_payne for the 8.5 this weekend), then drive it, if you like it, keep it.

Exterior mods/etc all fit. Enjoy the ride and be done with it.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Wish Toyota would offer an option for the 2.0L to come with the same brakes and wheels as the 3.0L. I'd get one just for that extra variety along side my 3.0L. Wheels are easy, but the brakes... they add up quick when aftermarket.

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wish Toyota would offer an option for the 2.0L to come with the same brakes and wheels as the 3.0L. I'd get one just for that extra variety along side my 3.0L. Wheels are easy, but the brakes... they add up quick when aftermarket.
It's like 10k to do big brakes all the way around.. Then you'll be up to a 3.0, but with a liter less.
Sponsored