Sponsored

@_lwrd_ street/track build

OP
OP
Kenn

Kenn

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
76
Reaction score
106
Location
MD
Car(s)
'21 GR Supra, '19 Audi S5 SB, '04 Toyota Sequoia
Love you build man. I drool over those Desmond Regas lol. I'm hoping to make it out to VIR and Summit Point sometime this summer!
Haha thanks! I feel bad for thrashing them around on track but they look good from afar, like really far. 😁 You should, VIR was such a fun track. Lmk whenever you make it out to Summit. I am there almost every month with the WDCR SCCA folks.
Sponsored

 

cbrummell

Well-Known Member
First Name
carson
Joined
Jan 9, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
133
Reaction score
134
Location
kingsville Ontario
Car(s)
2022 nitro yellow supra 3.0 premium
hey man would love to hear your thoughts on the hipermax R setup! I've been looking at a set, i drive the car pretty hard on the street 1-2 times a week with some mixed twisty road and a few track days a year. Have you used them much on the street much? already have SPL arms, eibach sway bars and lowering springs and its pretty bouncy on the street already just wanted to know if they'll knock my teeth out and kill my spine
 
OP
OP
Kenn

Kenn

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
76
Reaction score
106
Location
MD
Car(s)
'21 GR Supra, '19 Audi S5 SB, '04 Toyota Sequoia
hey man would love to hear your thoughts on the hipermax R setup! I've been looking at a set, i drive the car pretty hard on the street 1-2 times a week with some mixed twisty road and a few track days a year. Have you used them much on the street much? already have SPL arms, eibach sway bars and lowering springs and its pretty bouncy on the street already just wanted to know if they'll knock my teeth out and kill my spine
After 16 track days on them and daily driving it, I'd say they are pretty good overall. No complaints, spring rates are a bit stiff and I keep the dampening right in the middle most times depending on the track. I think it comes down to tolerance, I've driven it 6 hours to VIR and wasnt too bad. I also have seats so that changes things. If you want to get something that is a little closer to your setup and isnt a huge jump maybe look into the hipermax s.
 
OP
OP
Kenn

Kenn

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
76
Reaction score
106
Location
MD
Car(s)
'21 GR Supra, '19 Audi S5 SB, '04 Toyota Sequoia
Build Update: Cut more holes in the hood for the Sayber fender vents, looks straight enough. Also got the car unlocked/tuned with MHD. I was worried about the drivability on track with people complaining about the throttle mapping (lack of) but took it out on track before the new MHD "Custom Throttle Mapping" setting and seemed fine. Re-flashed the car with the updates and set the throttle to normal and drives a lot more like stock now which is nice. Gonna see how it feels at WGI next week and will probably get a custom tune...eventually 😅

Here's my almost 1:16 lap (but not really) at Summit Point Main.


unnamed (2).webp


unnamed (1).webp
Sponsored

 
 








Top